CodeBlocks lib

Anyone with experience using codeblocks.Can u tell me how to use lib files.All i have is a CMUgraphics.lib and CMUgraphics.h file.I need step by step on how to set it up because i keep getting errors saying it can't find lib file.The .lib is a graphics librairy I have a sample project that works with microsoft visual c++ 6.0 but i don't know how to convert or import it to codeblocks.
Last edited on
Anyone
I'm assuming that you're using MingW or GCC with Code::Blocks? In that case the library file has to be compiled in a different format. Check the site where you got the file you currently have, most frameworks supply code or build for both formats.
Hello,

I always right click the project name in the workspace tree. This will get you a pop-up menu with amongst others "Build options". I select build options and get a form.

In this form you select for which compile option (typically debug or release or the top of the tree for all compile options) the lib should be used. Then I would choose "Linker settings", where you find an "add" button. Use this button to add the .lib or .a file to your project.

After adding the files, click "ok" and I would expect you are ready to compile.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards, Nico
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.