C++ program to benchmark a pc

Hi guys i'm a class 12 student(India). I was asked to create a c++ project for my 12th class( a part of the total board marks). So i thought of many ideas and wanted my project to be a unique and really good one.

One idea that struck my mind was to create a program to benchmark a pc, so i started doing a bit of research and to my vain just couldn't understand most of the coding available in the internet. I don't want to copy paste already available coding in the internet but i also don't think i would have enough time to create an awesome product from the base so thought of taking help from already good ones available and then developing from those coding.

While googling i stumbled upon a site which contained lots of c++ programs to benchmark defferent components in the pc and that site is http://www.roylongbottom.org.uk/#anchorStartDoc All those codings seem to be Free for any non-profitable purpose which suits my part so i thought instead of creating a program to benchmark the pc myself i thought why not put all those codings in a single program and make it easier. I mean a program which helps users benchmark their pc with those already available codings. I downloaded a few and executed them. I was given with some results which had mflops, no.of int, long computations etc etc which i could just not understand.

So can someone help me understand what those things mean, how they are computed, or is there some documentation available already on this. Is my project good?

I would put all these programs into one single one. Then ask the user to select which component to benchmark and then give those results in a simplified manner( interpret the data and give simplified details) to novice users and to advanced ones give the entire data with some advanced info.

Any suggestions are welcome please help me! I'm not a expert so be detailed with your answers. I'm also not an expert in c++. I chose computer stream for my 11th and 12th and have been learning c++ for the past year.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.