Program that executes a command computer to computer

I'm currently making something with C++ for a computer at my house. I have a program in which I let run minimized and hidden on my home computer which will save any application that is opened. It will log it so I know if my kids are on my office computer (they shouldn't be.).

I'm curious as to if I can make the program linked to a program I make on my work computer (at my workplace) and execute a command. I'm interested in making it so I can always be connected from the Workplace app to the Home Office App.

My idea for the program is to have a sort of administrative way of shutting the computer down or locking it remotely. If I see they are using the PC in my office, I want to be able to simply type a phrase and shut the computer off or lock them out.

How would I go with doing this?
Last edited on
Your office PC program needs to be a "server" which can accept and authenticate incoming connections. Your home computer program should then be a "client" which can connect to the server and ask questions or have the server shut down the PC.

This isn't particularly difficult, but it is fairly involved with a pretty step learning curve. Wouldn't it be simple to just lock the office PC with a password the kids don't know?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.