no idea how to practice c++

no idea if this topic is in the right place, but anyway. i would like to hear your suggestions/ideas for exercises and programs to write in c++. i used to learn ASM and c# for a couple of years, and for the last couple of months all i was doing is reading c++ tutorials/ books, which wasn't that hard, but i have NO IDEA how to practice any of it. the only thing that comes to mind is games. games in console mode are lame, to be honest, and starting OpenGL for 2D graphics seems like an overkill. so what should i do? i need to write something big enough so i could get a better sense of all the object-oriented programming concepts, but nothing comes to mind. how did you practice c++?
Last edited on
I don't know my talks help you or not, but, I do the exercises of the book I'm reading now. It was my practical step until now. And I'm going to take part in a open-source project.

I think your knowledge of programming is not low and if you have certainly learned the programming, creating an app (for any purpose) is not hard.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.