Turn Based Game

Hi, Im new to the forms and C++. I need help starting a turn based battle (similar to pokemon) app. How could i make this and make it cross platform. Also is it possible to make it access gps and allow other devices with the same app communicate with each other?

I have done things on the command line but i never made anything with images so i dont even know where to start for this app.

Can you guys help me.
I would imagine you create the images in Photoshop or any similar program.
Ok but then how do I attach the pictures to my code.
These posts are infuriating for so many reasons. Do you actually know what the scale of your question is?

Step 1: Read this http://management.about.com/od/projectmanagement/a/Planning-A-Project-The-Basics.htm

I'll help you more after you develop a reasonable project plan and include it in your next post.
You sound like you are in wayyy over your head...You are new to c++ and yet you want your program to do all these fancy things...Learn the basic syntax first by using the command prompt then advance on to the next step.

EDIT:
ok so i shot my mouth off before reading that you have programmed using the command prompt..
Make sure you understand arrays because thats what you will need...Well if you want animation to happen. but this is how you essentially do it...

You need to use a libraries...been a while since I have fooled around with them but from what I remember ALLEGRO or SFML.. These libraries will extend the basic functionally to the c++ language which will allow you to use images.

You would create these pictures using photoshop. Store these images somewhere on your computer pref inside your project folder with an images folder imbedded in that directory.

After that, that graphical library of your choosing will have extra datatypes to store 2d images with.

What you would do is call the variable for example 2DIMGVAR = ("file path");

Then you would create an array of these images, or spites. Sprites are frames, separate images of a progressive animation that will give an illusion as to the character or object moving.

This is just generalization but thats how you do it.
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.