HELP! generating number and high or low game.

•Menu driven system to play 1 of two guessing games or exit the game all together.
•In the 1st game, the user thinks of a number between 1 and 100. The system should attempt to guess the number and display the guess. The user should be prompted to indicate if the number is correct, too high or too low.
•The 2nd game is the reverse of the first. The system picks a random number between 1 and 100 and the user attempts to guess the number.
•When the user exits the game, they should be provided with a message telling them the best scores of each game during the running.

ALERT: I am trying to learn to code, but I am completely and utterly challenged when it comes to computers, but to graduate with a CS minor I must complete a C++ understanding course. Any help towards this problem would be a huge relief for me and my graduation status. Our tests are based on definitions and understanding the code we wrote and not actually sitting down and coding it for points in case your moral compass was feeling off. I've already done an IPO and a flow chart for the function, I just need a working code now to study the C++ aspect of the issue. If anyone could help me with this project by writing a useable code with notes so that I could study them I would be eternally grateful. If you want to show off and add some cool details you can, just remember I'm a novice user so denote well if possible.
Regardless of your justifications we generally don't provide code without seeing at least some effort on the recipients part (especially a first poster who's asking for a detailed breakdown as well). Failing that, we are more likely to go find another more deserving n00b to assist. ;-)

Our tests are based on definitions and understanding the code we wrote and not actually sitting down and coding it for points in case your moral compass was feeling off.

By your own definition you should fail the test. Though let's ignore that for now.

It is very easy to write up a flow chart or IPO for something, hell anyone without coding experience could probably do it. It is a whole different story to actually implement it.

Once you get past the learning the basics of programming it is no longer about knowing how X works or what Y does. That is the easy part, instead it is knowing how to put everything you just learned together to create a program. Thinking up a solution and actually implementing it.

I am a huge fan of game development, and in game development there is a lot of people who believe that a great idea for a game is worth a million dollars. Well the truth of the matter is that idea is worth absolutely nothing. Millions of people have a great idea every day yet very few can actually follow through with implementing it.

How does this have to do with understanding how your code works for your test? Well it is the same concept almost, having someone else write your code for you and then you learning how it works is worth absolutely nothing in the real world.

Pretty much anyone could do that given enough time. The real challenge which actually proves you derserve that minor in CS is being able to actually implement it yourself. Again not trying to get on your case but there has to be a reason you are minoring in CS and while you might be able to get through college by not doing the work, you definately won't be able to do your job the same way.

Anyways enough with my lecture ;p If you can come up with a basic outline for you code I am sure we would be glad to help guide you through any place you get stuck at.
you need to start us with something to work with...
And not "Hello World!".
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.