Fun program ideas?

I feel like making a fun program, autonoma, game, or anything else... I have no ideas on what to do.

Im an 'advanced' programmer...
I'll try any ideas or fun programs, perhaps one you've done before..

thanks in advance -Alan

[edit] - want to make this clear. this is not related to school, and this is not homework help. - no code posting required.
Last edited on
Sudoku solver.
Hah, Sudoku solver. that sounds pretty tough. Algorithms for that would be necessary.
How about a game of Othello.
A miniworld with evolving creatures. If you do this you'll be god ;)
A miniworld with evolving creatures. If you do this you'll be god ;)

Like spore?
A 3d rubik cube, maybe a 3d tetris (well, 3d tetris has never been fun, but its a challenge to programme).
maybe one of those ball & physics games.... or maybe a hyper-complex-retro-text-rpg with random worlds, random characters, and random..everything. LOL

Random-generated stuff adds a whole new level of complexity to your game.
Like spore?
Except (hopefully) good.

How about a Rubik's tesseract? Here's what it looks like projected on a plane: http://www.beegs.com/images/4d.gif
Except (hopefully) good.

That would be the dream! I was never that interested in it to be honest - cool concept but does it really compare to some of the mmorpg's/fps's out there? -- OFF TOPIC XD
I like the miniworld + creatures idea. That sounds like an excellent idea.

You could have all these little ants (or something) crawling around. Maybe you could look at the source of "Polyworld" (I think it's written in C or C++) which is an AI program of all these little polygons that move around and eat food. Takes like 4 hours to set up but it's fun when you finally get it working :P

No-one has managed to do it on windows yet though.
implement a parallelizable BLAS in c++ .......math is ultra fun

:D

Random-generated stuff adds a whole new level of complexity to your game.

Starship Titanic
Last edited on

Starship Titanic

LOL
How about a Tetris clone? You could spend half your time trying to replicate the algorithm, a quarter trying to replicate the 8-bit soundtrack and another quarter actually programming it.
these are all fantastic ideas thank you all! im gonna try to do a spore sinoff, then maybe an 8-bit soundtrack engine! ty all
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.