Using gdb to detect segmentation fault in sh?

I am using scientific linux. In the directory user/project/Build, after I ran 'make' to compile and link all the cpp files,I had no problems. But then, when I went to directory user/run/run.sh, which runs the project binary in user/project/Build/bin/project, I get a segmentation fault error. In the directory user/run, I enter 'gdb' in the command prompt and get the message "*** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop."

What am I supposed to do to detect the segmentation fault?
That error is a make error, not a gdb error. I'm not really sure how you got that error from gdb.

To use gdb, you need to run the executable (and make sure it was compiled with debugging symbols).
Either run `gdb <executable>`, or `gdb` then at the prompt type `file <executable>`. After you do either of these, just type `run`.

Shameless redirect: http://www.residentbiscuit.com/GDB-Debugging/

Anyways, once you run it in gdb you should hit the seg fault. From there you will be able to examine the state of the program and see what caused it.
When I then use the command prompt to go into directory /user/project/Build/bin and then type gdb project and then "run", I see

Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled.. Program exited with code 01.
Missing separate debuginfos, use: debuginfo-install glibc-2.12-1.149.el6_6.4.x86_64 libICE-1.0.6-1.el6.x86_64 ...
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.