standalone app vs mobile app

Hi,

In general, how much faster are mobile apps developed in java (not using native code) vs the same functionality in a standalone desktop app developed in C++ with widgets (like QT or some other widgets)
I am asking because I have never wrote a mobile app and I need to estimate development time for both technologies. If you can give a number like 2x times faster, or 3x times faster that would be the answer I am looking for.

Thanks in advance
Nulik
Are you asking if it takes less time to develop a mobile app? Or if mobile apps can run faster than similar desktop apps? The second question would be hard to measure considering how much more powerful most computers are compared to mobile phones. The first question depends on whether or not a cross platform framework was used. It is easy to develop both a mobile app and a desktop app that does the same thing simultaneously with a cross platform framework. So the first question I proposed is also hard to answer.
You say you need to estimate development time for both technologies. Are you referring to mobile and desktop? Or Qt and C++? Also without knowing what exactly it is that you are implementing, it is impossible for us to give you any accurate estimations.
Hi,
thanks for your comments. I am asking what will be developed faster: a mobile app or the same functionality within a desktop app? Since mobile app is done in java , it should be developed faster. But I would like to verify it with the forum.
As for speed , C++ is always faster.
We are going to release both mobile version and standalone version, (there is no escape for developing mobile app) but I need to estimate the time to put this number in my project plan. Of course specifics will change the development time, but I am seeking for a common rule.
Not all mobile apps are developed in Java. C++ is also not always faster. Show actual timings to prove speedup. If both the mobile version and the standalone PC version both have exactly the same functionality required, you can use a cross platform framework to do both at the same time!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.