Problem with VS 2013

hey. I had written a project with VS 2010 and it had worked well. now i have installed VS 2013 and when i wanna debug current project, it says that my functions are ambiguous! pls help me...what do i have to do?
these r my codes:

#include<iostream>
#include"Read.h"
#include"Plus.h"
#include"Minus.h"
#include"Cross.h"
#include"Compare.h"
#include"Power.h"
#include"Division_Leftdivision.h"
using namespace std;
const int MAX=1000;
int main()
{
char r1[MAX],r2[MAX],ope;
int a[MAX]={0},b[MAX]={0},c[MAX]={0},la,lb,cntr,key;
int lhpas=0;
read(r1,a,la);
read(r2,b,lb);
plus(a,b,c,la,lb,cntr);
cross(a,b,c,la,lb,cntr);
cmp(a,b,la,lb,key);
minus(a,b,c,la,lb,cntr);
power(a,b,c,la,lb,cntr);
div_leftdiv(a,b,c,la,lb,cntr);
for(;cntr<MAX;cntr++)
cout<<c[cntr];
cin.get();
cin.get();
}

i checked all of my functions and they r all flawless.
Thats becuase the name of your functions already exist in the standard library. This is literally the reason people say use std:: and do not use using namespace std;

since you have using namespace std, "plus" is a thing in std, so when you use the name plus, visual studio is confused, doesnt know if you want your function or the std plus.

So, either 1. Start using std::
2. Change name for the minus, plus etc etc etc
tnx for reply, i just dont know how to use "std::"!!
Its quite simple. You use std for whatever belongs to the standard library. For example.

Instead of writing cout, or cin. You write std::cout, std::cin, std::endl, std::string.
tnx a lot
and when i wanna write for example: "cout<<x<<endl;" i must write "std::cout<<x<<std::endl;" ?
Yes. You'll get used to it super quick :)

Please in the future use code tags for all of your code, its under the format section and looks like this <>
ok..sure :)
well, i corrected my codes and now when i debug, it shows another error coded "LNK1207". do u know what is this and how can i fix it?
Last edited on
Try this : Clean and Rebuild your app under “Build” menu, check it again.
it's working...tnx again :)

i have a question about VS online. what is that? what can i do with "Team Explorer" in VS 2013?
You Alone? Nothing. As it says in the name, its for teams, Not individuals. Read here -

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh500420.aspx

Also, your last two questions could have easily been googled, so always google or youtube your questions before posting on forums, it helps^^
actually in the main site i read about it but didn't understand what is it... :)
thank u for ur help
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.