Need help on solving any c++ problem!!!!

closed account (yR9wb7Xj)
Hi everyone, I'm new to this community and also new to this language. I go to college and I'm currently taking computer science classes, but honestly my professor teaches way too fast for me to understand anything. The biggest issue I have is solving problems and next year I will be a junior in the computer science degree program and I have to take Algorithm. The professors at the University I attend warn us about the class next year. He said to the class if you guys can't solve these basic problems I assign in the book, you guys will find Algorithm very hard and quit and switch majors. So what I need from you guys if you do read this: is tips, advices anything that could help me out. I've already started practicing on problems in the book, but I have a hard time breaking them down and to see what they are asking for. Giving up is not an option for me, because one of my long term goals is to get my computer science degree and I'm almost there. I've made it this far not to give up.

Last edited on
Really the only thing you can do is practice. Keep doing practice problems until you want to cry, then go online and try practice problems from other sources. The more you program the better you will become. If you get stuck on a specific problem this community is terrific for providing explanations and solutions. There's no magical way to just get good, you're going to have to work for it.
Thank you for that awesome advice, I'm practicing as I learn but I need to accept the fact that I'm not going to get it by tomorrow and it takes time to be a good problem solver for c++. That's fine I have time, I mean it's a year away by then I should be able to solve the really hard problems. As they say practice is the key to success in anything, the more I practice the better I get. It's going be a challenge, but if I stick through with it I should be able to accomplish it. Right now I'm re-teaching myself c++ from the beginning, because I did not learn anything from my professor, although I did get a B in his class.
Codex have you looked on you tube?
Yeah, but I don't find that very useful. I'm using this awesome site called udemy.com, it's a site where you can do anything related to programming. Whether creating an app or a game, or just learning any language, you can learn thousands of different ways how to program based on the classes you signed up for, the best thing about it is like youtube although, it's way better. I'm learning off this one guy who is teaching everything you need to know about c++, from the basics of it up to the advance of it. It's free too, some aren't free though and you have to pay depending on the price of the teacher. I found it off a youtube ad when I was searching up c++ videos.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.