Compiler size issue

Hey guys im kind of a rookie in this sort of thing but umm, gotta question for ya, can u help me by telling me how to literally increase a size of the compiler, not the memory reduction or expansion, im working on a chess program , im almost done, i just need help in figuring out how to increase the size of the compiler because my whole chessboard wont fit in the normal compiler size, and the point is so i dont have to increase it with cursor. Thank you all in advance
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and assume that when you say "increase the compiler size" what you really want is to increase the width of the console window. If by some miracle I'm right, then that would be a platform or library specific function. For example, on Windows you would use the "SetConsoleDisplayMode()" function: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms686028(v=vs.85).aspx

If this is the case, then you are making this far more painful than necessary. You should be using a graphics library like SDL or SFML.
Ye, you guessed what my problem is , thanks alot
So what platform are you using? We can answer your question but we need more detail.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.