Base Class Method UnResolved

hello,

i have a strange problem with library compilation, read below for details,

I have a main application which is created in C++ (and QT). the application loads the library(DLL) at runtime, the base class is defined in main application (to achieve virtualization and to use base class pointer to access library objects) , and library classes are derived from the base class (only header files are provided to library). but when i try to compile the library the linker tries to resolve the base class methods, it seems that it is expecting the method definition of base class in library only. and hence the compiler throws unresolved symbol error.

could anyone tell me why it is happening like that? i want those method calls to be resolved at runtime (when application is loaded before library) or any suggestion on that?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Make the base class abstract.
thanks for your quick reply,

i have one method in base class defined as pure virtual, do i need to do anything else to make base class abstract? i mean i have few more methods which i don't want to make pure virtual.
Why?

If any of methods is not pure virtual then you need to provide its implementation in both application and library.
i m in a hurry at the moment, i will post the class diagram later to give you more understanding, i need to install a tool to generate class hierarchy ..
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.