linking problem with borland

Hello,

I am getting an error message during linking (ilink32) - Fatal: Unable to open file: CW32.LIB

here is my command line:
ilink32 -aa main.obj file1.obj file2.obj file3.obj, "myexe.exe", , cw32 import32, ,myres.res

Note: the compiler (bcc32) runs with no errors and if not run with the compile only option (-c) it will call ilink32 automatically and link without any errors. I am calling ilink32 separately in order to link a resource file into the program.
This is also a windows program (-tW option on bcc32 compiler).

I am pretty sure my bcc32.cfg and ilink32.cfg are correct as well. Is this a path problem?

Thanks,

cppdna
@ kbw

It does offer some easier and alternative methods to linking resources, but it still does not explain what is happening with the way I am trying.

I added the options -x -c -Gn to the ilink32 command line and c0w32.obj and I get this error message instead

- Fatal: Unable to open file: C0W32.OBJ

Hmmmm...

Thanks,

cppdna
I haven't used Borland C++ for at least 15 years. But I do remember having to add those C0 obj files. There may have been an issue regarding wildcards on the command line or something. It's all lost in the past.

If you're not sure and you really want an answer, have a look at the obj file yourself. They conform to some Common Object (file) format.
@kbw

I moved these files into the working directory from the lib directory from the borland compiler:
c0w32.obj
import32.lib
cw32.lib
uuid.lib
and everything compiled correctly. Its working as if the ilink32.cfg file is not being read

My ilink32.cfg is
-L"c:\program files\borland\bcc55\lib"
This is the directory that I copied the files from...strange. When I link implicitly with bcc32 (no resource added) then everything works (same line above in bcc32.cfg works).

Oh, well. I appreciate your help.

Thanks. cppdna
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.