A little question: Inside Github and Gitlab is possible to do the same as Git in desktop??

Hello. I am a programmer who is building apps more bigger in files and complexity. I expect to release a simple app on internet, and test abilities of Git to handle the speciific problem, in this case the goal of Git.

Is possible from the web interface of Github to do the same as the desktop software installed on machine??

I have no previous experience with Git, and i have a little problems with it. I will solve them. Are allowed everything from the Github interface?? Also i want to try Gitlab. Gitlab also offers a powerful tool into its web interface?? Or they are limited by some constraint??

I want to develop privative software. Is git a good choice?? Let me know.

Thanks for your help. You can visit my github.com/enriquemesa8080 to look my projects available on internet. (Free ones, not the privative.)

Another question: Do you know some free books, or short news, explaining how to generate income from software?? I know that is something related to creativity, but i need some guidance in the road because i am a good programmer, at least i am very skilled in the language itself, but i don't find a place to propose my solutions. My solutions seems overwhelmed by third-party applications that are full featured some free or some in some degree.

Of course, i can work in a company but i am earning a degree on physics and that is something that doesn't fit in the requirements of a software company. I am thinking in some simple apps being sold in Android but they are Java and i need some start from that point.

All your answers are welcomed. Thanks for your help. This forum is great.
Last edited on
Some features are implemented in the GUIs, like Pull Requests. But you can always do more from the command line than you can from the GUIs, like better control of rebases, repairing broken branch trees ...

In practice, when working with others, you need both.

If you're a one man show, the command line will suffice.
Thanks for your help. Well, i will use it
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.