Tools for "highlighting" C++ specific code / features?

Are there any tools out there that can look over a source file and tell you which parts of a file are C++ specific (as opposed to regular C)? Or would trying to compile a cpp file with the C compiler be sufficient? (I'm thinking the compiler may be a little too error happy).

Basically what I'm trying to determine is what parts prevent a group of source files from being compiled in just C.
Well yeah, just use the compiler.
Every error the C compiler reports is something C++-specific that is not compatible with C.
Typical C++ code will never compile as C code because it's very likely to use classes. There's also streams, templates and STL containers.
I'm not completely certain yet, but I think the source code (it's open source) is compiled in C++ for namespace support. Everything else appears to be fairly basic. I basically need to strip away all the stuff I don't need and trying to determine what needs C++ and what doesn't. The library has a light Objective-C++ front end that makes use of these namespaces (Each "module" has it's own namespace, but I only need one of the modules).

I hope that made sense :)
Compilation is your best bet :)
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.