App error

I have made an .exe in c++ with visual c++ 2005 , It works perfectly fine on my pc but on some pcs it gives an error c00000135- application failed to initiilze ....something error why?
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
I did a quick google search for you and found the following site to be helpful:

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Particularly:

that_site wrote:

0xC0000135: UNABLE_TO_LOCATE_DLL
Windows attempted to load a DLL file and encountered some error condition. Among the many possible causes are that the file is missing or damaged, or that there is Registry corruption.

Most likely your clients are missing a certain DLL file needed to run your application.

Further down, I found it humorous.

that_site wrote:

0xDEADDEAD: MANUALLY_INITIATED_CRASH1
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
“It’s dead, Jim!” This Stop message indicates that the user deliberately initiated a crash dump from either the kernel debugger or the keyboard. Perhaps it goes without saying that you don’t ever want to see this error message unless you did it on purpose!
Last edited on
no there arent any dlls for my .exe file, its only single and UNable to locate dll error didnt come , The one I posted only came up, Pl zhelp
closed account (3hM2Nwbp)
I believe that binaries compiled with MSVC require some Microsoft specific libraries that are installed with the Visual Studio compiler. I can't recall which ones they are, but I'm sure google would know.

0xC0000135 = UNABLE_TO_LOCATE_DLL

Bundling these DLL files in the same folder as your distribution should resolve the errors you're experiencing.
Last edited on
You need to make sure you compile the Release version of your project and not the Debug version, as the Debug version requires those DLLs for VC++ to be able to do live debugging.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.