C++ Library for Making Games

Hello, I was wondering what C++ library is the best for making games. I would like it to be easy to learn, have good graphics, be free, and have good sound quality. Thanks for all the help!
Last edited on
I've looked into this and i would strongly suggest sticking with 2D library just because 3D librarys for C++ are much harder to learn. With that in mind my suggestion is to use SDL or look up free 2D librarys.

Windows programming is involved with 3D librarys and using them in the end. The most extensive you could probably learn if your dedicated is DirectX. I havent personally delved into it too much but it seems like it would take some time to use it correctly for sure. With that being said, if you did then DirectX has interfaces for Video 2D(DirectDraw) or 3D(DirectX) and for input. I'm sure it does alot more to but i dont know if its free.

3D games can be an undertaking but if your dedicated you can do it, but i'd say start slow with a 2D library you can get comfortable with and i hear SDL isnt too bad.

http://www.libsdl.org/
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.