Visual Studio Error?

Hello,

I'm currently using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on a Windows 7 rig to get going with C++, and am relying several resources to learn the language including the wonderful guides on your main site.

My issue is, if it can be called one, is that I am receiving strange error messages even when successfully running simple things such as functions and loops. It doesn't seem to affect the program in any way but I'd like to know if it would be possible to eliminate these repeated alerts - they're copy/pasted below:

'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\learning_curve\learning_curve\Debug\learning_curve.exe', Symbols loaded.
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\snxhk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'learning_curve.exe': Loaded 'ImageAtBase0x4a020000', Loading disabled by Include/Exclude setting.
'learning_curve.exe': Unloaded 'ImageAtBase0x4a020000'

Thank you in advance.

Last edited on
It means that the symbol tables for some modules cannot be found. You can down these from Microsoft's website (as they're system libraries). It just means you can't step into the code in the debugger. It won't stop you debugging your code.
Thanks for the quick reply. It's been bugging me for a while!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.