can any one tell me what this is??

0 [RG ;*c]]y�[Se �1��&�[� W>4� ��] bn
i was trying to hack a game and this came up i don't understand it i was using a winsock packet editor wpepromod9 to be exzact but i whould very greatful if u wer to tell me what this is
Last edited on
It's data. What next, you gonna try to write an analysis of a Chinese poem and asking us what each of those Chinese characters means? (or more specifically: a Chinese poem encrypted by the author by some unknown encryption technique)
Stop trying to hack games using lame tools just like Notepad, use Notepad++ instead.

Use a Hex editor.

Or even, use CheatEngine, it could help you out.

That code means... nothing if we don't know where it came from, or how did you extract it, it is just plain garbage
Last edited on
well im am thankful for your reply, but im a beginner hacker. i don't wanna sound stupid but you might have to make it a bit more simple. a chinese poem u say, well i think its just a poem made by a chinese man/woman. i'd be very greatful if you were to explain to me exzactly what to search for. or what to do to figure this out and know what it is right away when i see it thank you.
First, you need the hexadecimal representation, there's no way telling what you even posted.
Even then, that would be useless without knowing the data's layout and what it stands for. You need to look that up in the protocol's definition (if it's even publicly available) or try to figure it out yourself. If it's encrypted in any way, you might just as well give up now.
well dthkai, i got it from a game with wpepromod9, if it was the only game i got it from i'd probly ignore it. but almost every game i try to hack has this code, so i must figure it out if i plan on succeeding in this. oh and what is notepad++ sir?
alright thanks to your help i did a little more research hope this will help. the hexadecimal to my question is

5B 52 47 20 3B 01 2A 08 63 02 5D 02 5D 08 02 07 79 EF BF BD 5B 53 02 07 65 08 05 13 20 08 EF BF BD 08 31 02 010 EF BF BD 08 01 EF BF BD 08 01 26 EF BF BD 1F 5B EF BF BD 01 20 07 57 02 3E 06 01 34 07 EF BF BD 20 02 08 02 EF BF BD 11 02 EF BF BD 5D 02 20 62 02 6E 01 02

i also found some chinese translator called chinese GB2312 and when i did the thing changed i think its some thing but i don't know but any ways heres what it changed to

[RG ; SOH*BScSTX] STX] BS STX BEL y? [SeBSENQ
DC3 BS?BS1 STX DLE?BS SOH? BS SOH&?US [ ? SOHBELWSTX>ACK SOH4BEL?STX STX BS STX?DC1 STX? ] STX B STXn SOH STX STX BEL

and that is it i realy hope this help u twards helping me thanks for all of u guys comments it helps alot
The chinese thing was a joke.

And the hexadecimal data you're looking at is just data. What the data represents is impossible to know without tinkering around.

Unless the format for this data is outlined in a document somewhere, the only ways to figure out what it means are:

1) look at the game's source code and see what the game is doing with this data

2) try to modify the data and see what changes in the game. (this is very difficult if the data is encrypted and/or CRC'd)

I'm not so sure this is a good project for a beginner. If you are into retro games (like 8-bit NES style games), there's a whole subculture of people who do this stuff to those older games (which I used to be a part of in a previous life). They even have a website that's fairly popular:

http://www.romhacking.net

There are tons and tons of documents about hex editing, image corrupting, etc, etc to get you started -- but they won't really be 100% on point for more modern PC games.

I'm sure there are other sites that are more dedicated to doing this thing with PC games, but I don't know of any offhand. Just google around looking for "game modding" websites. Or game modding tutorials.

But nobody here (or on any other forum) is going to be able to look at a block of data like that and just tell you what it does. It's impossible. Romhacking / game modding is an explorative, interactive process. There's never any silver bullet.
If you want to know how to hack a game, or to make some kind of mod, you should study a lot, I mean, a videogame was not made by some kind of newbie hacker, it was developed by a mature programmer. BUT if you don't want to learn, you can use that tool I've just said, Cheat Engine. search on youtube for it's usage.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.