I'm trying to make a C++ application

I made the code and the exe but I am not sure how to get my C++ to run without a compiler. How is this possible?
What kind of errors are you getting?

What is your dev tool ?

Most compilers are able to make a debug version and a release version of your program. Have you created a release version of your exe?

Last thing, if you're using any standard library (which u probably are), there are .dll dependencies that need to be included with ur exe wherever it goes.
I use code::blocks, what is a release version? also what dll's will I need?
So could I just make the program with my compiler then it will run without my compiler? If not then can you explain with great detail?
Well, the 'debug' version of a program has lots of extra 'stuff' (symbols, dlls, optimizations disabled...) that help you locate and fix problems with your code (like memory corruption). Many times, it can tell you exactly what line in your code or what operation is causing the problem.

The release version, on the other hand, doesn't have this extra 'stuff' so if it crashes it will be much harder to figure out what went wrong. So, you'll only want to make a release version when you're program is finished and ready for another person (non-programmer) to use.

I don't know about code::blocks. I looked at a page that said to set the build (project) to release mode you just have to find the 'Build target' drop down window and change 'Debug' to 'Release'.
What would you use for a release project? Also thankyou, so much for your help so far.
And if i did this could i simply put the file from my release project into my exe and it will work without the compiler? :o
I'm not sure what u mean here
What would you use for a release project?

Let's backup a bit. From what I understand so far:
1-You wrote a complete project in c++
2-You're currently building a 'debug version' of your project (this creates an exe file of your project)
3-When you try to move the exe file to another computer and try to open it, you get errors

Possible solution:
Find the 'Build target' drop down window and change 'Debug' to 'Release'. Then, move the new exe file (in the Release folder or wherever it was created) to your desktop and try to run it. If there's no issues try to move the exe to new computer with the same operating system as u'r using and run it.

If there's errors let me know what they are. Also, tell me what kind of project you've made (like win32 console).
Me and a couple of buddies were working on a MMORPG, of course SFML made it 10 times easier. But we have just about everything down. Now we just need to upload it to our website, if this works. Then we will wait for users to find glitches, then we will have to fix the glitches with updates, but I figure after about 2 or 3 months glitches won't be as constant.
You have trouble building projects and are already attempting to write an MMORPG?
I'm not sure what to think of that...
Well it actually was a simple question, I will give you that, but were I learned C++ from they never told us how to do this. So it's not really lack of knowledge. It was just never clarified.
Go for it, Josh. Break it down into smaller and smaller pieces, keep hacking away, and even if you never get there, you'll have learned heaps!

I now turn myself in for crimes against comedy with that horrific "heaps" pun.
Lack of knowledge isn't a concern, it's lack of experience. You lack the experience to build a program and are tackling something as big as a MMORPG. Sounds like you are trying to overwhelm yourselves.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.