enable just my code

In Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2010, how can I enable just my code so that when I encounter an exception, the debugger will not stop on the built-in c++ functions. When this happens I hit the step out icon. Sometimes the debugger will make it back to my code and other times it will just get stuck as i'm stepping out which prevents me from seeing what line the compiler is having trouble with.

I have gone to tools > options > debugger and then checked the 'enable just my code' box. This does not help. I have read that 'enable just my code' only works in managed mode. I'm not really sure what that means. Can somebody please help.

I don't know how to do that in VS2010, but instead of stepping out, you should just go up in the call stack.

Open up the call stack window (it's one of the windows under the debug menu). When an exception is thrown, the call stack will show you the list of all the functions that have been called, traced all the way back to main(). You can double-click on each entry to jump to it and get the context (variable contents, etc) of that function.
Great thanks a lot! I'll give that a try....
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.