Opening and use PowerPoint file

Hi everybody!
I've a question: I've to manage a .ppt file (or .odt) by a c++ program.
In particular, I need to open the file and later on a event, change the page of the presentation.

Can anyone help me please?! Thanks!

Luca

If it's on Windows, just use COM
Can I use COM also for manage .odt file?

Can you give me a little sample?

By thee way, I would that the program will be platform indipendent, so COM maybe isn't my solution... isn't it?
First, your question is a bit too generic and open ended. What do you need to manage? What actions do you need to be able to take on the file?

Second, there is no such thing as a little sample for something like this. Here's an article on MSDN on how to automate PowerPoint using MFC, and that's about as simple as any sample is going to get:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237554

PowerPoint also provides a built in Visual Basic Editor as well. Without knowing what you're trying to do with the files though, it's impossible to say whether it would suit your needs.
Following site contains information about ppt file format. I think it may help you also.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/0/B/E/0BE8BDD7-E5E8-422A-ABFD-4342ED7AD886/PowerPoint97-2007BinaryFileFormat(ppt)Specification.pdf

-Dhiraj
First, thank to everybody for the answers! (:

@jRaskall: for manage a .ppt file I mean:
1) open file
2) make slide transition

stop, nothing else!
I'm using Visual Studio, but I can't do it jet...... uff.....
1. the easiest way will be to write macro in powerpoint.
it has some readymade events like document open, document close etc etc and other functions to edit the ppt.

2. if you want it in C++ only then you can use the office sdk also which has api's to do all this.
3. if you find something in macros then you can write some part in a macro and which in turn will call a dll regarding all the events (document open, close etc) and then you can write the related code in that dll.

i hope you are getting what im saying?
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.