Building PODOFO, MingW, WinXP?

The instructions provided in the PODOFO readme file indicate that I need to enter the following command prompt to build podofo (this is prior to installing).

cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..\podofo-src -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\progra~1\gnuwin32\include -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\progra~1\gnuwin32\lib -DPODOFO_BUILD_SHARED:BOOL=FALSE

The problem from the very beginning is that 'cmake' is not a recognised command in windows xp command prompt or MSYS? Would there be a Cmake plugin for this sort of arrangement or do I need to do something first?

Thanks
Last edited on
Do you have Cmake installed??
if not then downlaod it.
What is the issue??
I have cmake installed. No worries there.
The entry I provided is a command prompt command. The first word is cmake.
When I enter this into the command prompt (this is for both Windows XP command promt screen and MSYS command prompt screen,,, I tried both), the error message I get is that cmake is not a recognized command.

This tells me:
a - I need to install another shell which will understand the command 'cmake'.
(when I say shell, I mean like MSYS is to Windows Command Prompt)

b - I'm entering the command instructions into the command prompt screen when there is probably another (maybe a cmake command prompt) which will understand the word 'cmake'.

I'm really just learning all about this kind of thing and its so far taken me 3 months to build the dependencies for PODOFO and to be confident I have it right. If you can suggest anything that would explain the above to me or something else that will bring me up to speed with understanding this sort of thing then I would be very appreciative. I've provided the PODOFO Readme file which has install instructions so you can see what I'm looking at. I have Windows XP , CMAKE 2.8.9 installed, MinGW compiler installed.

Thanks for coming back. Really look forward to hearing from you.
Cheers
Well cmake isn't in your path by the looks of it.
Either modify your PATH environment system path
or
add it temprarily for the current command promp like this
(I deliberately removeed it from my path to show you the steps - the path to my
cmake bin folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin)

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>cmake --version
'cmake' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Windows\system32>PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin;%PATH%

C:\Windows\system32>cmake --version
cmake version 2.8.9

C:\Windows\system32>

Note the PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake 2.8\bin;%PATH% - this
will update the current environment path variable - in this case with the
CMake bin path at the head of the path.
Notice the semicolon after the cmake bin path and the % surrounding the PATH.

Thanks guestgulkan.. Great answer. I've just learned something else very useful.

I'll get there eventually..

Cheers.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.