void getdetails();
      void addblocksboys(int x)
      {boys *p;
      p=new int[x];
      cout<<"New blocks have been constructed";
      }
      friend void checkavailboys(boys);
};

Nw I want to create an array of class boys in mainfunction and intialize all the strings to a ""( blank space)
so is the following code correct if not please tell me the correct one...

int main()
{boys a[6]={""};}

Thank You
 class boys
{
    // identifier names may not begin with numerals.

string 2bac[50][2];       // 100 strings
      string 4bac[100][4];      // 400 strings
      string 6bac[80][6];       // 480 strings
      string 2bnac[50][2];      // 100 strings
      string 4bnac[100][4];     // 400 strings
      string 6bnac[80][6];      // 480 strings
public:
      boys(){};
      boys(const boys&)        // was: boys(&boys); 
      void getdetails();       // looks like it should return something other than void.

void addblocksboys(int x) // leaks memory every time it is called.
      {boys *p;
      p=new int[x];
      }
      friend void checkavailboys(boys)
};

// Did you really intend for one object to hold 1960 strings? 

#include <string>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
    boys b[6] ;        // Hey, look! 11760 strings!

// all strings contained in the object at  b[i] where i is a value from 0 to 5 will
    // compare equal to the string literal "".
}

Hey cire thank you but yes actually my project is about hostel management so.... what I am doing is that I am considering one object of class as one block
..where one block contains 6 types of rooms....
where each room contains the number of studs I have mentioned in the name of that data member...
Now,
I want to store the name of each student in the memory I have allocated ....
but for that initially the variables(array of variables) should not contain anything... so please help me how can I do it... Do I need to use a for loop or something else....
 void addblocksboys(int &x) //Is this modification okk for  what you have suggested..
      {boys *p;
      p=new int[x];
      }

I think your description lacks a little clarity.

First, addblocksboys is absolutely wrong for any purpose, and you shouldn't attempt to define it before your design is more complete.

I think I understand that you're attempting to model rooms in a hostel. You want to keep track of occupants of those rooms, and you want to be able to process the rooms in groups called blocks. There are at least 6 different types of rooms.

How many rooms does a block consist of? You say it consists of 6 different types of rooms, so I'm guessing a block consists of at least 6 rooms and possibly more. How many occupants does a room have?

How do the variables you called 2bac, 4bac, etc. fit into this scheme? What does the class boys represent? The name suggests that it isn't a room, or a block, or.. well, anything you've said you're trying to keep track of, really.
Last edited on
okkk well let me explain more clearly ... I am creating hostel blocks for boys and girls...
so the class boys represent boys' hostel and girls represent girls' hostel

Okk Each block contains 6 types of rooms.... where in I have specified the no of those rooms in the class definition...eg

string 2bac[50][2]; mean 2bed ac room having 50 rows(50 rooms) and 2 columns(space for storing name of 2 occupants).... Here is the place where I want to initialize the variable as ""...
(I have changed the identifier's name)...
Well and about addblockboys function... I understand your concern and I will redefine it thanks...
But could you please help me with initialising
all the rows and columns of all the data members of a class array with ""??
Thanks
So the class boys should probably be named block.

But could you please help me with initialising all the rows and columns of all the data members of a class array with ""??

They already are. The default string constructor creates an empty string which is equivalent to "".
Okkk thanks a lot dude!! u cleared my doubt!!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.