General C++ Programming - October 2016 (Page 2)

Function with bool return value- does not output string messages for errors

Hi, I was writing a function whose goal is to display some ships on a 10 by 10 char array,and to display some error messages if the ship does not match specif...
[no replies]
Are sockets thread safe?

Is it safe to send from multiple threads at the same time? I have a single thread that listens for new messages and then spawns a new thread for each request...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the info! (by zoran404)
OpenGL vs Vulkan

I want to learn graphics in C++ and I don't know where to start, some say OpenGL, others Direct3D, personally I would choose OpenGL, but I heard there is a newe...
[no replies]
Using Functions In C++

g
[1 reply] : See: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/functions/ http://www.cplus... (by keskiverto)
by nbro
Parse a file as efficiently as possible (with no errors)

I've a file which is divided into two parts: 1. The header 2. The data part The header has of course a different format than the data part. The header pa...
[4 replies] Last: > Currently, I'm not even using smart points, but I'm simply pushing o... (by JLBorges)
by bozmin
a list as a member variable

let say, I want to make a c++that will allow me to read the content of a file that I will call file.txt I will create: 1- ReadDocument.h (that contains my c...
[4 replies] Last: Yes, i am planning to work with only one file. i was planning to put... (by bozmin)
2D array problem

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int main (){ int workspace ={{41,42,43},{42,46,47},{49,50,51}}; int most_frequent_number = 0; int rea...
[no replies]
Using private functions

Hi, I have 2 class, my first class is reading a text file and editting it, For example if file's first line is : " Heyyy What's , up!!!! " it turns...
[3 replies] Last: You can still make the second class a friend of the first one. clas... (by Arslan7041)
by JM0911
Cannot get this code to compile!

Hello, I am working on a program to perform both a linear and binary search to pick a lottery winner. Here is the task: Write a program that determines if the...
[7 replies] Last: Remove the semicolon at the end of line 50. Remove the semicolon at th... (by lastchance)
<fstream>and Array question

Hey everyone! I need to make a project for my CIS class and I was wondering if anyone could help me by giving me a snippet of code or so or some example of how ...
[2 replies] Last: Wow thank you! That really helped. Wasn't expecting such a fast respon... (by jgialis)
by DaviFN
C++ WriteProcessMemory() in protected memory?

Hello everyone! I'm developing a small program in C++, but I think the process I'm attempting to do memory writing has some kind of protection against WritePr...
[7 replies] Last: I found something interesting. Cheat Engine uses lua scripts... And e... (by DaviFN)
Multithreading

void AIShell::vertCombos (int &my_combo, int &opp_combo, int &score, int ** gameState){ for (int i = 0; i < numCols; i++){ my_combo = 0; opp_combo =...
[3 replies] Last: You're passing a member function and its parameters, but you're not pa... (by helios)
Need Help Please!!

i'm asking to : " Write a program for entering test scores and calculating results of the scores. The scores should be saved in a file. Here is how the progra...
[3 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <fstream> using names... (by One in a million)
Vector with Pointer

Hello guys i just thinking why my code doesnt work so i have a class Dispenser with attribute ingredient : Ingredient* and number : int; in my Class Ingredi...
[3 replies] Last: thx guys for reply my post. I need make the relation with vector with... (by mustain5)
by Gyiove
CPU or GPU on amazon aws & how to handle their GPU?

Hello everyone! I'm having a really big neural network written in c++ using matrices. It is an fully connected neural network using rprop. Code is highly...
[no replies]
by Phil15
Unhandled Exception

Hi guys, any clue why do I get an error here on this->push? template <class T > class SpecialStack : std::stack<T> { public: SpecialStack() : isE...
[1 reply] : You're getting an exception because of a stack overflow. This is becau... (by rabster)
Lower_bound strange output

Hello, quick question here. I have this code snippet: #include <deque> #include <iostream> #include <algorithm> using namespace std; void printer(int i) { ...
[3 replies] Last: The container being sorted or at least partitioned is a pre-condition ... (by Arslan7041)
by dhan4
Coin Toss

I need to ask the user how many times they would like to flip the coin (call the coinToss function) and make the loop execute that number of times by changing s...
[1 reply] : Do you know how to ask the user for a number ? (by SamuelAdams)
by antago
Implementing Keyboard Input With C++ in Xcode (OSX)

Wonderful help last time. Thank you. I have successfully managed to get a number of features in place with my program. Now I would like to track keyboard moveme...
[no replies]
Cant get his to run

Cant get this program to run. Can someone please tell me why it's not working? Here is the source file and the header file. MAIN: #include<iostream> #includ...
[1 reply] : Here is the Header File: #ifndef H_Htable #define H_Htable #include ... (by cguercio)
October 2016 Pages: 1234... 23
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.