• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Need A Tutor for Your C++ Programming Cl

Need A Tutor for Your C++ Programming Class? First Assignment Free

If you are struggling with your C++ programming class, I'd like to help you out.

I am willing to help you with one programming assignment, up to about an hour, give or take, for free. We can discuss additional tutoring after that if you are interested, but if not, no problem.

I have a Bachelor's and Master's degree in Computer Engineering and Software Engineering along with 5 years of work experience, mainly focused on C++ embedded development.

I am NOT offering to do your work for you. If you are looking for someone to do your homework for you, look elsewhere. However, if you want help understanding an assignment so you can do it yourself and actually learn C++, I can probably help.

I can help with basic introductory courses or data structures. If you need help with more advanced concepts than that, I may can still help - just ask.

I can help over GChat or potentially Skype. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email me at learnprogrammingwithtim AT gmail.com.
Last edited on
Can you teach me GUI and develop stuff like this http://ticno.com/multibar/
if yes, could you give me a gist of what development tools I will need (for cross platform dev.)

And I'm not an absolute beginner
Last edited on
Developing a GUI in C++ can range from not too difficult (maybe using a framework like Qt, which still isn't too easy) to very difficult (learning OpenGL, for example).

I'm not too familiar with developing GUIs, so I wouldn't be the right person to teach you.

However, if you want to develop GUIs in C++, I could recommend Qt if you are going to develop things like menus/dialog boxes/etc. If you want to develop something a little more complex, you might look into OpenGL, but it's going to take a while to get familiar with it. Others that are more familiar with GUIs will probably have better suggestions - you may try asking in the General C++ Programming forum.
Last edited on
Well, OpenGL pretty much has nothing to do with GUIs. If you want to get into pure GUI-based programming then you should stay away from OpenGL, and either learn native OS libraries, or something like Qt.

Thanks a lot for your replies....Do you think Qt can let me develop stuff I mentioned above....
AFAIK, no. That software is specialized, you'll have to rely on native Windows libraries.
Windows libraries provided by Visual Studio ??? Right ??

But if wanna Deploy the same app on Linux,ubuntu,Mac etc. then what I gotta do?
Then you would use their native libraries instead of the Windows native libraries. You could have an abstraction layer and then depending on the operating system do different things, I would however suggest creating your own forum so this topic does not get too much more off topic.
I did create a new thread here http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/151364/
but didn't got any replies..it'd be great if you or anyone you know, could guide me through this..just give a kickstart with tools and specific libraries
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.