Can you write a chat server?

Hello guys,

we are an enthusiastic team actively working on a fantasy RPG for over 8 months now. More information about the game at https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?52396-ROYALTY-Divine-Warfare-NEEDS-YOU .

We are currently looking for a collaborator, who could develop a chat server application working over websockets and possibly telnet protocols. The chat protocol (and server) should be able to handle login/logout (using our REST API), storing and loading messages in a database, marking messages read/unread, “/me” command, text coloring and a little bit of maintenance commands for users set as admins (in a config file is OK), like number of connected clients, etc.

We can offer a post-launch compensation for your time or wanted reward logged in our project management system. You can mention this work in your portfolio.

And you can have fun with us! We are a friendly team and the project is interesting, you might join us with other tasks once the chat server is ready. :)

In case of your interest, please mail me.

Miroslav Kašpar
project coordinator
miroslav.kaspar@mkcorp.cz
How do you expect to create a game if you cannot even create something as simple as a chat server?
Nobody said we can't do it. We are looking for somebody with spare time and a new face to the team. This comment was really unadvised in my personal opinion.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.