• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Looking for a programer to create my ide

Looking for a programer to create my idea

Pages: 12
I came up with an idea for a program. I am not a programer so i cant create it, and i can not afford to pay someone to create my idea. all i can do is provide my idea, and 60% of the profits after the idea is made into a product worth selling. Any ideas on how i go about finding a programer willing to work for free... or how i go about making my idea a reality?
What's your idea?
see there is one of my problems, i dont want to just give my idea away. then i have to watch someone else recieve the credit for creating it. i want to come up with a way to confirm some sort of ownership for my idea before i go about telling people what it is.
Well, anything you can create is automatically "all rights reserved" (in the UK and USA, at least) but if you're worried about copying issues you could write your idea down in a text file along with a license.

I recommend one of the Creative Commons licenses: http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses

Have it in the format
<license>
<idea>

So that you have to at least notice the license to see the idea -- that way, people can't claim you hid the license (like some companies do with "small print").
Last edited on
I can contribute to development and design
Hi

I have some experience in C++, and am looking for some good project with or without mentoring to gain command over language and design.

I am ready to participate in you idea if it is worthwhile and can provide me as well with some good experience.

Anyways, what made you look into this forum in the first place?
i was playing with a demo of a program called deskspace, and i was also playing with virtual pc on win7. I run win7 and ubuntu on my computer and i also play with knoppix a little, but i hate having to restart to go to the grub loader everytime i want to switch the os. What i was thinking was having a program where you can just slide from one os to the other. i installed ubuntu on to a virtual pc, along with knoppix, chrome os, and a Linux mac lookalike. (wanted a mac iso to work on virtual pc but couldnt get it to work) Using the deskspace program, i used each side of the cube with a different os using virtual pc. My computer is touch screen so you could just switch from one os to the other. well that was the idea. there is the idea, but i want it to be a one shot program not to have to use 2 programs slowing everything down. i dont even care if it takes a few seconds to switch from one to the other. i just want to make it faster to switch from one os to the other. what do u think. is it a was of time? is it going to slow the computer down more then its worth it? is it something some people will think it worth getting?
I believe Xen does this: http://www.xen.org/
Xen hipervisor is for servers only. The XCI for client systems has not yet been shipped.

http://www.xen.org/products/xci_roadmap.html
Virtual pc or any VMware would definitely slowdown if you are trying to run multiple machines on a single computer without heavy hardware.
I have been using a virtual Linux machine at my workplace and do not know of any other method to be able to use another OS altogether while one OS is loaded.

I doubt if you can find a programmer for free to do this stuff... though Xen source is available, but it will need considerable expertise to implement it as a product.

This is not a complete waste of time if it can be provided to users with not much processing power, but enough solutions exist to be able to use other OS applications..
such as Xming to use X server apps on windowd
wine in linux to use windows applications

The usability and sellability of such an application can be determined only by asking enough users who frequently use multiple OS on same machine.
i had another idea i guess it is related to the cloud computing, imaging being able to log into your desktop from any computer in the world. access your files, your favorite os on any computer. can you virtualize an operating system to run off the internet? or have a desktop virtualize on the internet? in the end, would it matter how much crap you put into your computer, as long as you could serf the internet at high speeds you could access your files and programs as if they were saved on your computer. is that what they did with Chrome os? or is that more of a, skip the os itself and go straight to the internet. i still want my os, just virtualized on the internet so i can log on to it from a website or something, have tabs like you would on a web browser, each one being a diffrent 'virtualized' OS. from what i have read, there currently is no denominator to correctly describe the amount of data available through the Internet, so is it possible to alot every person with say 1tb of space to use to install there choice of os, or multiple os and all there fav. software, music, photos all onto a website where all you have to do is log in and you have everything you logged off with? and how much would it cost to make something so huge work?
Last edited on
That is cloud computing. Also http://www.chromium.org/chromium-os
Google probably have more then 50 - 100 people working on chrome OS for several years. Whatever approach it would be a huge undertaking. Windows has probably had a 100 million man hours put into its development.
Last edited on
chrome is an os the connects you to the internet and saves all your stuff on the internet or what ever, i was talking about haveing the same os, same desktop im seeing now with my windows 7 but online, kinda like a mix of chrome and windows 7.
i guess you would have to create a website or something where you would have to create a log in, your log in would give you an online virtual pc type thing. you would have to install your OS to that virtual pc and and install all your crap to that online virtual pc. from there you could just log in to the web site to use it, or we could could create a an OS that looked like a log in screen connected directly to our website, or an application you could download to your current os that also linked to the website. the user would have the option to chose going directly to the website, the os version, or the installed application all that could be downloaded from our website. The difference being the web version with advertisments could be cheaper than the os version that was paid for. id also like to include the desktop cube to is as well so if you did have diffrent os, or even if you wanted to link your work computer with you home computer account so you could swipe the screen to go to your home pc or have some hot key to choose.
Your computer needs to be always powered on, if you dont want your files to be stored at some other company's computers. And if it is always on, you could use remote desktop to access it online...
@bluelotus,
ChromeOS is a modified Linux kernel which boots to a web browser. All of your files and programs are stored on a server; I presume you have disk space limit and you can probably pay for more.

Wikipedia wrote:
Cloud computing is Internet-based computing

Therefore, ChromeOS is a cloud computing operating system.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
I'm guessing chrome os is more for a residential use. If that is the case, I doubt google will require a payment for extra space since most of their limits are extreme as it is. I actually wouldn't mind using something like this. Open source, internet-based, etc. I would get pissed if my wireless card broke or something though. I wouldn't even be able to connect to the OS at that point apparently.

EDIT: Just noticed that google isn't in my spell checker dictionary.
Last edited on
how hard would it to put a virtual pc on to a webpage with a log in? i people dont understand what im trying to do because i dont want chrome os. that is not what i want. i want windows 7 on a virtual pc that i can log onto from anywhere. which i think all i would need would be a virtual pc on a web page right?
i looked into it more, i found https://www.gopc.net/ that would be the first step for what i wanted. next i would need an os that when i turned on my computer all it would have would be a log in screen that logs me into that website.
You can put a virtual pc on to a webpage with a log in using vnc server.

http://www.realvnc.com/pipermail/vnc-list/2003-October/041226.html

Is this kind of something what you are looking for?
Last edited on
Pages: 12