For those who do not know we are Naughty Dog. We are the creators of Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter, and Uncharted. We have many openings in our engineering department. One of them is for a gameplay programmer. Did that just perk your interests and attention? Well continue onward, Wayward Sons (or Daughters).
• Create clean, efficient, and well tested code
• Programming content like enemy AI, weapons, character controls, and other functionality within an established framework.
• Create technical specifications for gameplay systems that meet the requirements of the design and art teams
• Implement game specific engine systems and gameplay support systems that meet requirements
• Fleshing out, expanding, and implementing game designs.
• Analyzing, organizing, and optimizing code
Requirements and Skills
• Strong 3D math and graphics background
• Strong knowledge of C and C++ programming languages
• Good oral and written skills
• Ability and drive to contribute and advance all aspects of a game
• Excellent math skills
• Experience with PS3 development is a huge plus
• Understanding of procedural, object oriented, and aspect oriented programming paradigms.
Console programming experience
• B.S. in Computer Science and/or Mathematics or equivalent work experience
Think you have what it takes? Well then please email your resume to Candace_Walker@naughtydog.com with the job title in the subject line. Best of luck.