• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Beginner looking for mate to program wit

Beginner looking for mate to program with

I am totally new to c++ and are looking for a mate who wants to program with me.
and every thing that comes with that.
Basicly i am looking for a friend with the same new found interest that i have :D
Email me at : joakimlejon@gmail.com
Sure, I can! I'm also new too :P. Maybe we can help each other!
This is a good idea maybe i can join you guys,it always best to network to learn more.
Sure I could join too!
So i found something we could use its called game maker look it up on line go to youtube or to its site.

http://www.yoyogames.com/make

It be quicker to use that,but i'm not sure if u can put your own C++ code which i would still like to do make our own game engune.

But i think we can use that in many ways to our advantage,ont way would be to see how many programs we need to make per part of the program. AI,Score,life,enemies and map so on.

Thats four that i can think of right now.Let me you know what you guys think.
Maybe we could all go in one MSN Conversation (can fit 4). I think we should create in code as it would help us more.
sounds good when and what would be the best time too.

I also think the same but by looking at gamemaker i figure that each is a module part of the engine so there's where we can start.

You mean msn chat ok gave me your name and I create a name its been awhile since i used that program. But im serious about this always wanted to create a game.

Thnx k.i.t
So whats going on you guys are we meeting up soon on msn if so let me know.
Also I found a game engine that i think we might be able to use tweak it out a lil for the game we be making well let me know whats going on and if you want to use the engine i found.
Its free and can be used by anyone.
I am also looking for someone (or more) to work on projects with. I am almost always on teamspeak, I use public server #2 hosted by teamspeak, and usually in a private channel name 888 password BigS. Join in any time and we can find some projects to work on or just post back here.
Sounds great. If you guys are interested making games and/or AI, I would love to join. I am an complete beginner tho. Is that ok?

If anyone new reads this, and would like to try to work on some programs together, Imail me.
Last edited on
Great idear. I'm pretty new at programming to: c++ is my first language. I started learning it because i wanted to make games.
I'm starting to understand the basic concepts of the language, but i have never made a real usefull (or fun) program or game before. I would love to join.
i have not read the whole topic but heard you guys may start using gamemaker.

i have used game maker for 2 years and i know how to do just about anything (bar the 3d stuff.). it does not use C++ but instead uses GameMaker Language (GML). GML is similar to C++. its like a hugely stripped down version of it.

learning gamemaker has its benefits but depending on how you look at it, it may very well just be a waste of time. GM is very very slow. making simple 2d games can cause lag on even modern computers. for this reason, if your serious about making games, i wouldnt recommend GM. on the other hand, its a nice gradual step towards C++. it helps avoid that huge learning curve.
If you guys really want to get serious with making some form of game. I'm willing to help out in a team - but i think a good way to make one would be: Using C++ With Ogre3D, SDL or Gamebryo. Or C# with XNA 2.0 or 3.0. I think they would probably be the best things to use if a game is going to be created in a small team :)
Hi! I would like to enter in this team! Can I? I'm in wenderson_2007@hotmail.com.
I'm Brazilian and I'm beginner in C++. I hope collaborate with you!
Indeed, if this project is still taking place yell out!
Sounds like a great idea, I'm in, if still up for grabs of course. My email is johnathaneb@hotmail.com and i'm a beginner C++ programmer, not so bad in other languages like vb.net (easy stuff), but yeah, I love game development.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.