• Forum
  • Jobs
  • C++ Expert - Excellent career opportunit

C++ Expert - Excellent career opportunity in financial software

C++ Expert on UNIX required with leading financial software company.

Keywords: C++, UNIX, Linux, Multi-threading, STL, Boost, TCP/IP, Low-latency, Project Management.

My client is a leading financial data and software house providing major Investment Banks, Hedge Funds and High Frequency Trading Houses with real-time Market Data from the financial markets.

My contact is looking to hire a highly skilled C++ Developer with a deep understanding of UNIX technology and C++ related libraries and tools, to work on their high performance feeds and take ownership of upcoming projects.

This group is the first point of contact for incoming Market Data and are in essence a ‘front office’ team who are constantly innovating and enhancing their systems and the service they provide to their clients.

The developers in the team couple up with ownership of individual feeds, where problem solving, latency issues and code optimisation is paramount. There is a large Project Management element to the role and communication with other teams in and outside the group is common. With daily release cycles and multiple projects running simultaneously there is a great deal of responsibility and challenges to get involved with and overcome.

• C++
• UNIX/Linux
• TCP/IP
• STL
• Low-latency
• Project Management
• Communication

Inherently holding a flat structure, this group will provide the opportunity to move into Team Lead and more Business aligned roles. As an open forum for ideas and progression those who have great vision and drive to forge a successful career are welcomed, supported and offered job security and excellent benefits.

Although previous experience and knowledge of Exchanges and Market Data would be ideal, the group is thoroughly open to candidates from outside the industry with a few years of delivering to C++ development projects for performance critical systems. For example those from the gaming or telecoms industries will be of interest and will be considered off the back of their interest in learning and building a career for themselves in a software house environment.

For more information and an official job specification or to have your CV considered please email me at nick@cititec.com and I would be happy to provide my personal feedback, alternatively I am available on 020 7608 5882 for confidential discussion.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.