Position Title: C++ Software Engineer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
The Neat Company is seeking a software engineer to focus on building a state of the art imaging platform, including image optimization, OCR processing, data mining and information retrieval. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining the core libraries of our technology responsible for processing of document images captured through scanners, mobile devices, digital cameras and extracting the information. The candidate must be very comfortable with Agile software development, test-driven development and oriented towards delivering production-quality code rapidly. He/she will participate in the system coding, testing, release, and support.
Founded in 2002, The Neat® Company is a fast growing, innovative technology company headquartered in the heart of Philadelphia. Neat has created a new way for small businesses and consumers to transform analog data into digital information. We manufacture and market a unique combination of software and hardware scanning solutions that use optical character recognition (OCR) and patented parsing technology to read information on receipts, business cards and documents and store them in a digital filing cabinet. Neat solutions simplify paper-intensive processes and enable users to easily organize, store, find, secure and use information. Our brand promise is simple – we transform complex tasks into simple solutions.
Neat has been named to the Inc 500 list three consecutive years, is a past winner of the Philly 100 and the Deloite Fast 50 and has been recognized for product innovation by the Consumer Electronics Association, iF Design Awards, Red Dot Design Awards and Spark! Awards. In addition, Neat was named the Best Small Company to work for by Philadelphia Magazine and the Start-up of the Year by the Eastern Technology Council. Neat has been prominently featured in a variety of media outlets for designing and developing innovative products including Fast Company, MacWorld, Business Week, Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Oprah’s O Magazine, Martha Stewart TV show, The View TV show as well as countless blogs and web sites.
Neat has an intense focus on solving real world problems and developing solutions that are 100% customer-driven. Neat team members combine a sense of humor with a sense of humility in a highly collaborative, open-office environment geared towards creative problem-solving and rapid decision-making. The Neat Company is privately-owned and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. For more information please visit www.neatco.com.
• Be a part of the team creating next generation document imaging and extraction algorithms
• Maintain and optimize Neat’s core C++ libraries
• Diagnose and correct software bugs
• Conduct component-level, system end-to-end, regression and quality assurance software testing
• Create and maintain internal system documentation for core C++ libraries
• Quickly understand existing code, re-factoring, developing and testing in an iterative fashion
• Debug and solve cross-platform issues
• BS degree in Computer Science, Math, and Engineering or related technical field
• 3+ years of experience in C++
• Knowledge and use of performance monitoring and memory checking tools preferred
• Experience with automated unit testing desired
• Experience with performance measurement and analysis and code optimization is desired
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Good analytical skills, detail oriented, and self-motivated