OtterBase Job Opportunity – C++ Software Engineer
OtterBase is one of the fastest growing supplemental staffing companies in the country with a rapidly expanding list of Fortune 500 clients. We attribute our rapid growth to unwavering focus in three key areas: our clients, our people, and our services.
Our client is committed to continued growth across all levels of their businesses. To achieve that growth, they need talented, highly motivated people who love a challenge and can hit the ground running. If that sounds like the kind of environment you're looking for, send us your resume.
Please review this job description and see if you qualify, if so please send your resume. Thank you for your interest in OtterBase. Please direct all resumes to Carly Goodwin – email@example.com
C++ Software Engineer
Full-time (M-F, 8-5)
The Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, and supporting the line of business systems. This role provides technical expertise and direction in developing and supporting system-level programs/systems. The individual in this position will need to participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, working with the entire team to ensure developed enhancements provide business value.
- Developing business enhancements to line of business systems
- Designing, coding, testing, and implementing complex programs and packages
- Developing appropriate programs and systems documentation according to established IT standards
- Developing real-time transactional applications
- Conducting systems tests, monitoring results, and taking required corrective actions as needed
- Interfacing with customers to determine requirements and fixes.
- Aiding in systems development planning and delivery.
- Enhancing our existing point of sale systems and new projects.
- Participating in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Preparing detailed designs specs, and test plans.
- Providing technical consultation in new systems development, new package system evaluations, and enhancement of existing systems and participating in structured walk-through and technical reviews.
- Passion to participate as a team in this highly skilled and successful development area.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required
- 4+ years of experience in systems development/programming.
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of line-of-business systems
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Thorough understanding of structured analysis and technical design techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience TFS or other source control tool(s)
- Experience with point of sale systems
OtterBase is dedicated to providing employee benefits that not only match industry standards, but exceed them. Benefit packages are custom design to meet each contractor’s individual needs. Certain benefits require employee contributions.
OtterBase is an Equal Opportunity Employer