This is an ongoing contract
Location : NYC
C++ High Frequency Network Developer
Premier Hedge/Investment firm in New York and Greenwich is expanding its project and development teams. These teams are made up of high end dynamic development specialists concerned with the research, development, and implementation of the proprietary trading systems and networks. As with many groups the success of the traders and researchers in this Hedge leader rests on a thriving high frequency low latency stable system, implemented by highly skilled developers.
The successful candidate will be involved in this constant desire to improve performance, and therefore should have a proven track record of both software and hardware development. You should have 5-7 years experience in both software and hardware development, it is imperative that you are comfortable working with inter-process communications.
This is an ideal opportunity for a very strong computer scientist, with an impressive background in real-time C++ programming, to join a very successful and well respected Hedge/Investment firm. Your work within the team will be extremely challenging and a great career path. As a top Hedge firm, compensation will be extremely competitive with excellent bonus and benefits potential.
• 5 years experience working in a comparable environment as a C++ Developer including experience of both software and hardware development.
• Degree in a computer science related discipline from a respected institution / Advanced degree a plus.
• Elite programming skills with 5-7 years of hands on experience of programming in C++, experience in Java and C# in addition is an advantage.
• Experience with networks and hardware.
• The ability to improve latency performance, and analyze capacity usage of high performance, low-latency systems.
• Experience working with Bloomberg, Reuters, DataStream, and/or FactSet
• Experience with ETL tools
• Experience with Data Virtualization tools
• Experience with OneTick or other tick database management software
• Experience working with feeds, writing feed handlers, performing platform development
Sam S Philip
Resource Manager, ITS
201-288-5599 Ext 230