• Forum
  • Jobs
  • Ascension Studios Hiring Team (Unpayed T

Ascension Studios Hiring Team (Unpayed Till Project Completion)

Hello, my name is Jack Frisbie and I am the current lead design artist for Ascension Studios. We are making plans to begin production on a zombie survival game called "All Alone". (subject to change) We are looking for people who would be willing (and hopefully enthusiastic) to help this game reach its completion. We currently need people in the following fields:

> IO Programmer - Preferably someone comfortable with SFML and/or Open GL.
> Graphics Artist - 2D or 3D.
> A General Programmer - Preferably with about a year or more of experience.
> Story Writer - Needed for fleshing out gaps in the current story.

The games current development is centered around being 3D. But if all of our graphic design artists are only skilled in 2D sprites, then the game will need an overhaul and will instead be developed in 2D. For anybody who joins the team for this project, all ideas or processes that you help with are by law being given to the team as a whole. If you later back out of the project for various reasons no credit will be given in the final product. Joining the team is your agreement to these terms. Those who stay with the team till the games completion (and maybe further) will recieve credit in their respective fields. After the games completion, you will recieve a portion of the pay received from the game upon monthly sellings. That portion is currently undesignated. Well, now that the depressing and legel stuff is out of the way, I will give the contact information and then a short description of the game as it is currently planned to be for any who are intersted.

If you would like to join the team or ask about any of the games story plans and or development plans, then contact me at 22pepperjack@gmail.com.

If you would like to ask about the games current development progress, or anything that is related to the development side then contact our lead programmer at vengencecs@gmail.com.

And here is the games main focus/idea. The game is meant to be as a test to see if you could survive a real zombie apocolypse. Players will be able to interact with the environment in countless ways to affect their own survival. for example: If a player spots a wooden plank lying in a construction site, he/she will be able to pick up the plank and use it as a weapon as they fight back to their base, and once there, if they also happen to have found a hammer and some nails. They will be able to nail the plank accross a door way or window to delay and keep out the zombies for a period of time. This game is to be greatly focused on the survival aspects over the zombie killing parts. But it will still work in unison if done right. The game will need a physics engine, and a randomization engine. The physics engine is pretty obvious in its need, but the randomization engine is used as a great part throughout the game. As another example: If two people were to start a game with all of the exact same settings, one player may leave his starting area and see a pile of nails, and a group of zombies, but the other player may meet a group of survivors and find a small propane tank. The randomization engine will run the spawning of all items, weapons, zombies, and other creatures that are put in the game. That is all I am saying at the moment. If you have any questions please contact me. Thank you for reading this post.

-22pepperjack-
When you say a "randomization engine" are you meaning that this game will be open ended? meaning every game is unique and never ending as far as terrain goes (minecraft is like this) if so that would be done via multiple templates or "chunks" that can be put together like a giant puzzle of all square pieces.

As far as a physics engine, i recomend crystal space 3d with it's blender add in, which will allow you to create 3d graphics with a working physics engine, or just use the blender game engine with C++ dll's made for python use.

I am interested but before we proceed I would need to know a few things:

A. If you have created games before, do you have some sort of profit/loss statement or proof of revenue

B. If you have created games before, do you have references (past employees) that I could contact that will provide proof that you payed them a fair ammount?

C. If you have not created games before, do you have some sort of forward-looking profit loss statement based on other game models like it?

D. If you have not created games before, do you have funding from an outside source to market this game (advertise it somehow) or maintain a server for online play?

E. Will this be all done in person? If so, where? If not, how do you plan to maintain a steady and reliable flow of communication with the team?

If you dont feel comfortable answering any of these questions online feel free to contact me via my email at elliotmendiola@gmail.com or my cell at (714) 580-4592
Hi,

i would like to know the same info about the game that GFreak45 posted above. i however am not really concerned to much about payment. I am looking for a project to work on and show off later on. Any work i do will have to be from home.

I have an Associates in computer programming and love the walking dead :P

Private message me if interested....
ive written a complex game engine before so i can help you out?

give me an email if youre interested
aburton.live@gmail.com
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.