How do pc technicians fix Computers??

Pages: 12
Well.
Console also has variables knowledge, for loops and so on...
It's not a simple program starter.
Also many times it's faster to "fix" a pc typing the commands, instead of having to find them in a list of other similar things.

Mitch wrote:

Programming is more impressive than what these silly IT technicians do.

Also true.
Last edited on
Mitch wrote:
These "technicians" are simply running c programs that we developed, and take credit for the results.

Which ones did you write, that they're using?
Last edited on
Mitch wrote:
And no, you don't need the command prompt to run these programs,
NO you do not need to use it to fix these issues

Unless you find (or develop*) a third-party graphical front-end, then yes, you do need the command-prompt because Microsoft doesn't supply graphical front-ends or alternatives to every command-line program or function.

* but even then, you need to know how the command works
Last edited on
Unless you find (or develop*) a third-party graphical front-end, then yes, you do need the command-prompt because Microsoft doesn't supply graphical front-ends or alternatives to every command-line program or function.

* but even then, you need to know how the command works

Yes, but the command line is quite simple (especially if you come from DOS days).

Which ones did you write, that they're using?

Very funny, however I was referring to we, as in me/you, honestly all programmers in general,
It's just, the IT people don't REALLY know what's going on, underneath.

But then again, they could say the same to any software engineer.
It's the hardware people that impress me (the chip solderers).

Though, honestly, even the biggest n00b could have written help.exe!
Last edited on
Mitch wrote:
And no, you don't need the command prompt to run these programs
You don't need it. They are programs, yes. Most of them can be run standalone. But the command line is a useful tool to supply variable parameters to these programs.
Mitch wrote:
I can, without doubt, fix any computer problem without using the command line.
But why would you? If a tool is developed to make your life easier, use it.
Mitch wrote:
These "technicians" are simply running c programs that we developed, and take credit for the results.
And by creating these C programs you're using tools that other people developed and taking credit for results. See the logical flaw here? Every creation is built off of other peoples creations. That's the only way this works. So no need to be all high and mighty.
Last edited on
closed account (9wqjE3v7)
And by creating these C programs you're using tools that other people developed and taking credit for results. See the logical flaw here? Every creation is built off of other peoples creations. That's the only way this works. So no need to be all high and mighty.

Very True...

IT-Technicians -> Software Engineers -> Computer Scientists -> Computer Engineers -> Semi-Conductor Manufacturers -> Material Manufacturers/Extractors -> Earth
Last edited on
Mitch wrote:
Yes, but the command line is quite simple (especially if you come from DOS days).

That wasn't your original point.

Very good point, and I never meant to come off that way (I can be extreme).
I just had a VERY bad recent experience with a computer repair guy.

Well, by simple, I just mean easy to make.

Here is an impressive console (wish the size was a little smaller though):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/
Mitch wrote:
I just had a VERY bad recent experience with a computer repair guy.
Fair enough. Been there.
Mitch wrote:
Here is an impressive console
Mind you, this isn't a re-implementation of the command prompt. It only enhances the existing one.
Last edited on
You can combine that with Cygwin and get a pretty decent unix-like terminal.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12