Question about CS & University

I am starting university this fall. I am going to study CS, but it turns out that I have to study econ for 2 years and after that I can start studying CS for the last 2 years of uni (4 years overall, bachelor's degree).

My question is, since I have to study econ for the first 2 years, should I start reading CS fundamentals, CS literature, CS theory, etc... at home or should I just continue studying C++ and wait to start studying all that stuff at uni.
Last edited on
Hmm sounds like a weird CS program. Is it actually CS, or is some branch off of it?

A lot of CS programs do require a couple econ classes (micro and macro) but not two years of econ. Sounds more like an information technology program.
Or are they training people up to work as programmers for big banks??

Andy

PS @benbalach -- do you mind pointing out where the course syllabus can be found on the web?
Last edited on
It's kinda hard to explain. I know it's a weird program, but it's the only university, which offers classes in English, which I know better than my own language. But they study CS the last 2 years seriously. Having in mind the current situation, do you guys think I should start reading CS stuff at home while studying econ, or should I wait for it to start at uni.
Last edited on
I see no reason why you should wait.

Unless you find the CS stuff so much more interesting than the econonomics that it adversely impacts on your studies??

I assume your university supplies reading lists for its courses, so you should be able to do your self-study with the same books, so you get a consistent point of view and presentation to begin with.

Of course, the books might have changed by the time you actually get there, if the professor teaching the course changes, etc, but I would expect the new test to over a similar area.

Andy
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.