Game Engines

Post a list of your game engines that can make ios games without having a mac, please post coding engines! Thanks!
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Dude why are you so worried about coding games when you don't even know the language? Why don't you just learn C++, then worry about engines.
That what I was thinking right then I am going to learn c++ for the next 5 months and learn it for about 4-5 hours aday, by then how good of a grasp will I have on it?
I don't know your learning curve. Once you get a good grasp on the basics (Hello World doesn't count) then you can move on. Just PM me if you have problems.
OP, go through the tutorial series on this website. Make sure you have at least a basic understanding of everything there. From there you should be fully capable of grabbing whichever library you'd like.
I find it annoying how this dude posts the same question like every 2 days. I swear I said this at least 3 times to him.
EliteGamesIndustries wrote:
That what I was thinking right then I am going to learn c++ for the next 5 months and learn it for about 4-5 hours aday, by then how good of a grasp will I have on it?

First thing, you are wanting to go from point A to point Z without going through points B to Y. You are so focused on the end result that you are ignoring the steps required to become good. So in regards to you, in 4 to 5 months, you won't be that good if you can't focus and stay objective.
Fredbill30 wrote:
I don't know your learning curve. Once you get a good grasp on the basics (Hello World doesn't count) then you can move on. Just PM me if you have problems.

Second, don't PM Fredbill30 if you have problems. Post a thread on this site in the appropriate section. Considering Fred's track record of stating falsehoods and flat out wrong remarks makes asking him for help the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot.
Fredbill30 wrote:

A saying comes to mind here, "If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black...".
ResidentBiscuit wrote:
OP, go through the tutorial series on this website. Make sure you have at least a basic understanding of everything there. From there you should be fully capable of grabbing whichever library you'd like.

That is the best advice you will get, especially if you are continually asking the same question with different wording. Learn from the tutorials on this site or invest money in a book like Accelerated C++ or C++ Primer as recommended in your other thread.
EliteGamesIndustries wrote:
Post a list of your game engines that can make ios games without having a mac, please post coding engines! Thanks!

As far as I know, you have to have a Mac to do iOS anything as there are no Windows versions of Xcode or the iOS devkit.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
As far as I know, you have to have a Mac to do iOS anything as there are no Windows versions of Xcode or the iOS devkit.

Virtual Machines?
Last edited on by Fredbill30
In my experience, virtual machines don't work too well for game development because clocks/timers don't work too well through a VM.
VMs in the case of Macs is a bad idea anyways. Macs, performance wise, outdo Linux and Windows last I knew and a VM would hamper you severely. Not to mention, most VMs are designed to run only Linux and Windows OSes specifically. There are some hack versions of Macs to run on PC, but they are terrible from what I have read on Google searches.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.