Are you a pirate?

Pages: 123
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
xcode is apples one saving grace. even though i dont agree with their philisophies or how they write/make applications and products, xcode is amazing
closed account (G309216C)
Interesting Conversation... I never pirate, not because I care for the developers of the product but instead of my personal feeling.

For example, Visual Studio Cracked-Copy are available through out the internet but I think that having legitimate copy makes me feel as though I bought it and the copy has no wrong features or such.

As you know many of the "cracked" copies tend to either lack few features or have small performance issues, well at least from my experience.

The so called experience I said is simply when I pirated game, which had massive issues with the run-time, such as random crashes and such. From there on-wards I decided not to pirate software.
/!\Disclaimer: These informations may NOT be true. /!\
/!\
Feel free to believe or not in the informations./!\

Oh well, now that you make me think about it:
I have a "unlegit" Visual Studio 2010, Ultimate Edition.
I only use the Express features of it (Like, only the Native C++).

The fastest way to get it Ultimate is just to download the trial and put a legitly obtained serial code. There's no online check or nothing (It's like the same process for the regular Need For Speed games, they require a simple Serial. If it's valid, you get it, otherwise you can try again. It's also easy to try to code a program which continuously tries a serial until it's valid).

Is it worth it?
Well... The very low efforts needed make it look like it's worth it.
But you're filled with useless things (Like Team Foundation Server) of which you don't even have a tip on how to set them up in the guides...
The F1 guide is still online (Unless you download them in the Guide Settings)...
Intellisense still loves to crash in the Italian version (I was supposed to be downloading the English version but I accidentally didn't).

But seeing as I can choose between C++, C#, F#, ASP.NET, it's still a step further.
Last edited on
> "unlegit"
> "legitly"

It's a small thing, but every time I see these words instead of legitimately and illegitimate I die a little more inside. It's as bad as someone refering to the sharps on a music staff as hashtags.
2 things: why was Ess reported? 2) what do you call # in programming? i say binary, because the guy who taught me to hack pokemon roms for emulators called it that, but i dont think its right
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I didn't do it, but I think because he told how to crackt hat he cracked a program.

Well he really only told them to use a legit code. Which isn't pirating at all unless you stole it.
Last edited on
yeah i mean its common sense that you can (theoretically) brute force any password on a program. like you said, he didnt do anything other than say he pirated, not teach us how to crack, which isnt the same thing as guessing the password

edit: and you just killed cheraphy a little ;)
Last edited on
closed account (z05DSL3A)
2) what do you call # in programming?

hash
so you would say hash include iostream?
Yes, also hashbang (#!).
I don't. I just say "include<iostream>"
I guess talking to people that 'know', I just say include iostream
Besides the useless report (Because of the Disclaimer), I call it "sharp".
So i'd say it "sharp include iostream".
@Cherapy: It's how I use to call them like.

It's like saying "I'm printfing them to the console" instead of "I'm printing them to the console".
The grammar isn't correct, but it isn't ON PURPOSE, because it's a reference to something else the reader may or may not know of.
Grey Wolf wrote:
Yes, also hashbang (#!).
I think you mean shebang.

Edit: And # is an octothorpe http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/octothorpe
Last edited on
@Zereo
I guess I just feel like if someone pirates my software, they weren't somebody that would have bought my software to begin with. So I'm not exactly losing business. But I completely understand why you (and others) would feel differently, and respect that. To each their own, I suppose.

I call it "pound." Which I guess could be misleading because of the currency. The "sharp" sign has a particular look (♯) that's supposed to distinguish it from the number, pound, or hash sign (#).
I dunno, I grew up calling it "pound."
naraku9333 wrote:
I think you mean shebang.
No, I mean hashbang.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_symbol#Usage_in_the_United_Kingdom_and_Ireland
@Grey Wolf
I've never heard it called that before sorry.
I pirate because it is legal here. Zamunda.net is awesome for every single file type. I downloaded 50+ c++ books from here. If you can't access it, use a proxy.
Where do you live?
Isn't pirating banned by some international society?
I didn't know it is a per-nation thing.
Pages: 123