Visual C#

So I'm thinking of starting to learn visual C# on visual studios 2012. My question is: should I first learn how to program comfortably in console or can I jump straight into making windows applications (forms applications)? I have a pretty good understanding of C++ console programming.
No reason why you can't start making windows apps. The editor in VS makes it all super easy
closed account (G309216C)
Hi,

When I started to learn .NET related languages (C#, WPF), it is necessary to understand how to program under console using C# because that way you will not be hindering yourself because you do not know how to do something or use a function.
This is what reduces the .NET language users because majority of them like the GUI programming due to the richness but when they have a brilliant plan of a algorithm to do they cannot because they lack the technical knowledge of the behind the scene\how to program in editor rather than use Drag&Drop tools.

I learnt .NET related languages for sake of rapid development criteria and amount of jobs available. It may not be my personal choice of developing any of projects but it does have more potential than what meets the eye.

.NET languages, offers great chances to get a job so it is definitely worthwhile learning it.

GL
^Thanks guys! I think I might get a good handle on console programming and syntax before I start making apps.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.