Trojan Horse in C++

Pages: 12
closed account (G309216C)
Firefox is quite safe , probably safer than IE (Internet Explorer) but it does count for major part of JDB infections.

The reason Chrome is much more safer than Firefox is mainly due to the fact Chrome has built-in capability of Sandbox (Internal and External) which allows every tab on your browser to be set as a Sandbox therefore preventing any Malwares from installing itself on to the computer.
Besides it offers better protection from internal source as well for example, if there is already a malware present on your computer, the Malware needs to inject itself onto the Chrome process in order to steal vital pieces of information.
But Chrome has External Sandbox as well which prevents any unauthorized processes from accessing its virtual Address Space.

As Catfish said JDB cannot be successful without Java enabled on target machine, but all the Hackers will use SE (Social Engineering) techniques in order to make you enable your Java besides the point there are XSS based spreading as well so technically there are vast methods to infect computer, but Chrome manages to protect against majority if not 99% of them.
Firefox is quite safe, probably safer than IE (Internet Explorer) but it does count for major part of JDB infections.

This is like saying that Detroit is safer then Kingston, you still wouldn't walk around either one with your jewelry hanging out (in this analogy, allowing websites to run Java code without your permission is what I mean by letting your jewelry hang out). Sandbox or not, JVM is still a vulnerable and widely targeted attack vector. Add to that the bone headed idea that "Updates are annoying" and it's really no wonder how people's systems become compromised.

SpaceWorm is right about Social Engineering being a very effective method. But there is no technological fix for that, you just have to pay attention to what you're doing.
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
SpaceWorm wrote:
Firefox is quite safe , probably safer than IE (Internet Explorer) but it does count for major part of JDB infections.

Chrome is a safe browser. It has built in anti-malware and anti-phising. Also, Avast AV recommends using it too.
@Comptergeek01

The comparison I made is not a opinion nor a idea but was proven, Google Chrome managed to beat every other browser available, obviously it is not intelligent to enable Java on "sketchy" sites but on Google Chrome it is way safer than Firefox.
There are few Exploits in the wild (made me feel like AV companies), which can bypass the Google Chrome Sandbox, although any commercially available exploits which target Google Chrome successfully will find it patched in a quite quick amount of time.
Next Google Chrome has much faster rendering times compared to other browsers available on the market.
To compare this try the Acid Test available online fairly easily for free.

Google Chrome also has a strong XSS filter mechanism which stops XSS attack vectors from being executed. This may not be friendly towards White-Hat's but it extremely safe.
@SpaceWorm: I'm just trying to point out to people that safer does not mean bullet proof. My comment wasn't attacking Chrome (which is what I'm using right now), but rather Firefox.
@Comptergeek01

I understand where your coming from, although I was just saying it is better to use something safer rather than take no chances and get infected.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 12