Little things that grind your gears

Gah! They changed the Firefox icon in version 23.
closed account (o1vk4iN6)
The fact they change the GUI every 6 months would bother me more.

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/1045/shx.png

It's not that big of a change really.
Last edited on
closed account (N36fSL3A)
I know right? I was silently ranting all night while my family members were sleeping :P
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
@Catfish4 I know, I liked the logo before a lot better. And, you just now got 23? It has been out for a while now.

@xerzi I actually like the newer UI they have now better.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
The fact that Firefox, for the past 12 years, has yet to deal with a dark GTK+ theme correctly.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
The fact that trying to convince software companies to support Linux from the start with, "SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY" doesn't always work.
Programming books that make excessive use of analogies. Just tell me what it is, not what it's like.

Windows software which makes itself folders in My Documents, which are not mine, and are not documents.

It bothers me when people say "void function" or "double pointer" (when they don't mean pointer to double).
double *pointer;
double *doublePointer = pointer * 2;
Last edited on
So you'd rather say

pointer to a pointer to a pointer to a pointer
than
quad pointer

If you have any beef with anything it should be that they named double floating point something so generic as "double".
Yes, I would rather say pointer to pointer to pointer to pointer to type.

@htirwin lol
Last edited on
It grinds my gears when people use "a MyClass pointer" to describe a pointer instead of the superior "a pointer to MyClass" syntax.

@L space B
You're missing "a" in those "to pointer".
I'm not missing something that I intentionally chose not to type or say in my head ;)
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.