How long be expert c++ programmer?

I want to be new Bill Gates or Steve jobs or other $_$.What can I do? xD.ok How time study of day? thanks
Start by posting something at least remotely coherent.
To be another Bill Gates you will have to have a ridiculous amount of luck, just like he did (be born rich, be one of the youngest people in the world with access to a timesharing system, and have IBM hand over the most lucrative part of their business to you).

To be an expert programmer probably takes about as long as becoming an expert in any other field of similar depth. At least 4 years, but probably more like 8. Unfortunately, anyone who can write a working program thinks they're an expert.

As for how much to study a day ... that's just idiotic. If you enjoy it you will do it. If you don't enjoy it, do something else.
Last edited on
To be the new Bill Gates DON'T work on programs under the GPL
Study as much books as you can.
thanks for answers
helios I'am learning english:(
Um, yes, neither Jobs nor Gates are expert programmers by any stretch of the imagination, so the answer is "don't go into programming".
"don't go into programming" for me?
Well, actually, Bill Gates was somewhat of a decent programmer in his time. He wrote an implementation of BASIC for IBM (or something like that. I remember being moderately impressed), IIRC. But he didn't become a billionaire by writing code, I can tell you that. The same goes for Steve Jobs.

If you get into a computer-related career, particularly computer science, do it because you like it. If you do it expecting to make obscene quantities of money, you'll become a) mediocre and b) disappointed.

If you just want to make money, a business "career" might be more appropriate.
hmm thank you.Ok I understand.I love this job.Money not important
To be the new Bill Gates DON'T work on programs under the GPL

Anyone care to elaborate on that one?
Read the Halloween documents.
anyone in particular? soz... revisision period so haven't got a lot of time for reading like this
Just skim through them and you'll get the general idea.
aye aye captain!
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.