Tomorrow People CW

I recently bumped into a trailer on YouTube.com for "Tomorrow People CW", a "remake" of the 1970s British series. And a quick google suggests this new series is being pushed pretty heavily over there in the USA.

Did the original series actually make it to the USA? Or only the half-baked remake of the 1990s?

I really liked the original series as a kid, even with the absolutely appalling special effects, so I have to admit I am highly suspicious of the new take. While they are claiming to draw on the original series, it does look pretty "sexified". Though I guess it has to be, as it's now targetting 18 to 34-years-olds [1] rather than (grade) school-age kids.

Do you think this series will do well? Will you watch it?

And most importantly, will TIM (the biological computer) get a fair treatment? Or will he/it end up being souped up, too??

Andy

[1] Based on info from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_CW
Last edited on
Did anyone actually watch the Tomorrow People last night? Was it any good? It certainly seems to have been pushed and hyped enough!

We don't get it on TV until next year here in the UK, so all I've seen is trailers on YouTube.com, etc.

Andy
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
We had it on TV, but I wasn't paying any attention. :(
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.