• Forum
  • Lounge
  • What features in a application would hel

What features in a application would help you as a programmer?

closed account (3qX21hU5)
I was wondering what everyone here thought would be some good features to have in a program that would help with learning programming/managing things related to your programming.

The reason I ask is because I have this little application I built a few months back as a learning project for WPF and was thinking on expanding it's features a bit more as a learning project and maybe something to put in my portfolio.

I like to think of the project as basically a "Programming Management Suite" for lack of a better word ;p. Basically I want it to help someone who programs with stuff that he commonly needs or uses like reference materials, learning materials, documentation, tracking study time, keeping track of all your projects, to do lists, ect.

So was thinking I would ask you guys what features you think would be cool. Some features might be stuff like this.

Documentation Center - A central place you can go to view all your documentation files.

Reference Center - A place that you can store all the links, files, whatever you have for articles, tutorials, ebooks, notes, research papers and whatever else and be able to organize/view them easily.

Assignment Manger - Something to track all you assignments you need to do and information about them.

Basically stuff like that. But anyways let me know any ideas you guys might have for a feature, or if you found something on a website really useful while programming, or basically anything that might be helpful to someone that codes.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
a built in irc client to communicate with a group easily instead of switching windows
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Ahh I like that idea thank you :) I don't think it would be to hard to implement either.
Last edited on
also, you could do something like oxgyen where you implement a basic comment macro system for langauges, like
// #DATE#
// #AUTHOR#

i know that one could just use oxygen, but if your just looking to learn more it would seem like a fun mini parser
DTSCode wrote:
oxygen

Do you mean Doxygen?
yes sorry
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.