ASP.Net Sending Email

How would I send email with ASP.Net? I tried researching it, but it doesn't want to work for me. I tried using the built in HTML post within the form element, but I still do not get any luck.
What are you using to try to send mail? I'm pretty sure you can use the "schemas" namespace from .Net, that's what I use to send user login script errors in VBScript. Check it out here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms526318(v=exchg.10).aspx
Computergeek01 wrote:
What are you using to try to send mail?

At first I tried to use the form post method. Then I tried to use the form mailer from Godaddy.com (which worked), but I couldn't use it for more than one web site. I will look more into the features of sending mail through ASP.Net features. I have a book on ASP.Net web programming using ASP.Net 3.5 and C#. I tried to follow it, but I need more clarification on the topic. Maybe I need to test it using IIS on my own system before uploading the documents to my hosting account. I may also need to call Godaddy to get the information about the SMTP server, etc. I will come back to this post later if no one else posts to it.
OP wrote:
Then I tried to use the form mailer from Godaddy.com (which worked), but I couldn't use it for more than one web site.

You DID check the spam filter on those other sites correct? Did you populate the reply-to field with a valid E-mail address on the Godaddy tool? If yes then did that Email account receive a bounce of any sort from the recipient mail server? Godaddy gets an unfair rap about being a host for spammers so spam filters assign a higher then normal score to anything from that domain.
Computergeek01 wrote:
You DID check the spam filter on those other sites correct? Did you populate the reply-to field with a valid E-mail address on the Godaddy tool? If yes then did that Email account receive a bounce of any sort from the recipient mail server?

I didn't check the spam filter, but I did look in my spam folder. The reply-to E-Mail was a valid e-mail. I don't understand "If yes then did that Email account receive a bounce of any sort from the recipient mail server?" Can you explain that a little for me?
A "bounce" is when an Email server flat out rejects your message. This is usually because of a misspelled recipient address but there are a number of other reasons it might do this, the reason for the "bounce" should be in the body of the response. Check the spam filter on the recipient accounts and if you can check the logs for the spam filter. Some times if a message scores high enough on a filters score card it will just get deleted without a response to the sender (since that would verify that the recipients domain is valid and make them a target for shotgun style spam mailing) but in these cases there is always a log entry made.
Computergeek01 wrote:
the reason for the "bounce" should be in the body of the response.

I did not receive a bounce. I just now checked and I must don't know where it would be or I didn't happen.

Computergeek01 wrote:
Check the spam filter on the recipient accounts and if you can check the logs for the spam filter.

I just checked my email filters. I have my own e-mail account on my own domain within Godaddy's hosting. The four filters are: (1) turn off spam filtering, (2) move to bulk mail, (3) mark subject with [spam], and (4) restricted mode (Deliver all mail from senders not on your Allowed List to Bulk Mail folder.). The current setting is "move to bulk mail.
You need to look at the spam folders on the RECIPIENT accounts, i.e. the accounts that are supposed to receive the mail, the address in the TO: field of the Email header. If you don't have access to these accounts then how do you know that your sending attempts didn't work?
My account is what I'm testing it on.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.