• Forum
  • Lounge
  • CMake Error: Could not find include dire

CMake Error: Could not find include directory and library

Sorry didn't find a suitable forum for this question, hence I am posting it in Lounge.

I am trying to build PODOFO library with CMake using MinGW compiler. It requires some external libraries like zlib, jpeg, openssl and freetype. My cmake command is as follows:

cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\Users\Abhishek\Downloads\freetype-2.3.5-1-bin\include -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\Users\Abhishek\Downloads\freetype-2.3.5-1-bin\lib -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=c:\Users\Abhishek\Downloads\zlib\include -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\Users\Abhishek\Downloads\zlib\lib -DCMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\Users\Abhishek\Downloads\openssl-0.9.8h-1-lib\include -DCMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=c:\Users\Abhishek\Downloads\openssl-0.9.8h-1-lib\lib -DPODOFO_BUILD_SHARED:BOOL=FALSE ..

Somehow it is not able to find the freetype files. The error I get is as follows:

CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:97 (message):

Could NOT find FREETYPE (missing: FREETYPE_LIBRARY FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR)

Call Stack (most recent call first):
C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake 2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStan dardArgs.cmake:291 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
cmake/modules/FindFREETYPE.cmake:75

(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS) CMakeLists.txt:372
(FIND_PACKAGE)
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

One additional point. If I delete the previous CMake build files (cache etc) then it doesn't even find zlib!

I can't understand why this erratic behaviour. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!
Blame Windows :)

Anyways, I don't have a great deal of experience here but it just looks the FREETYPE_LIBRARY and FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR environment variables are never set. You set some other env variables, but never those two. Just try setting those to point to their respective places.
@ResidentBiscuit

Thanks for your response. Actually the problem was that an earlier version of CMake (2.8.3 or earlier) was to be used.
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.