Can`t format drive

closed account (EwCjE3v7)
So I cant format this drive that has win 8 on it. picture below please help thanks

http://i.imgur.com/sH7Z09e.png
Perhaps the reverse of:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/windows-8-wont-let-me-delete-windows-7-as-format/b0173667-fbc5-4f22-9e0a-c4945e3b6846
?

One would think with 491 posts, you would've figured out how to ask a question and include relevant information. Although, I suppose if you could do that, you could also choose relevant search terms and google yourself to an answer.

"I can't format. Here's a picture." doesn't quite get the job done.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
From the little information that you have given I am guessing you can't delete the drive because that drive is active. Meaning your are using it to run the OS your are currently using.

If you have a secondary drive with another OS installed on it switch to that drive and OS to format the drive. Otherwise just plop in your installation CD for the OS to format the drive.
I'm beginning to think CaptainBlast isn't the 1337 hacker he likes to claim...

But yeah, AFAIK you can't format the drive that you're sitting on.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
Chill with the hate guys.
closed account (EwCjE3v7)
Guys calm down, okay I know i provided little information and I`m actually not using this drive. it has a windows 8 which im not on. Im#`m on my 100 gb partition which has win 7. and i did google it but didnt find anything i search from cant format drive to greyed out format button and all.

Thanks guys and it was kinda my fault to. ( I had a reason :), my time was up on the computer and my brother wanted it so he was crying and told my mum)

sry.

@ResidentBiscuit

I never called myself a hacker, i only said i could get you started with cracking and then metasploiting (virus version) and some phishing attacks.

@cire

I`m just gonna try this. Thanks

Hi,

Backup all your data and perform a Custom install. Your data will be saved in C:\Windows.old.

Below are the instructions to perform custom install:

1. In the process of installation Accept the license agreement and hit “Next”
2. For the installation type, choose “Custom: Install Windows only (advanced)”.
3. Choose c:\ and delete the windows 7 partition.
4. Install Windows 8 on the current Windows 8 partition and no where else. At the completion and restart of your computer, you will see Windows 8 in your C:/ and your old data will be at C:\Windows.old.

Hope this helps
Last edited on
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.