Whats next in c++

Pages: 12
A third semester draws to a close easy A in objective oriented programming but i still don't get it was that all functions polymorphism , inheritance , filing ,pointers etc , if this is all how do you build windows how do you have such complex interfaces is there another important thing i should learn to further improve my c++ skills , so that in future it could help me landing a job in a reputable company i heard about sdl libraries that could help game coding skills , anything else like that or should i try to learn another language or even a gaming engine or should i just chill and just learn what my college has to offer , maybe i should go with college courses when for example they is a course of php in 6th semester i should learn than . I am confused is it normal lol cause my fellows asks me for advice i thought why not ask professionals , my teachers are mostly phd and they don't give or have time for such topics.
Sincere advice please cause i will have to give alot of time for the right proposed thing to learn
Game was built in unity 3d by a cousin of mine but languages needed for it are C# and javascript , c# syntax is alot like c++ so should i start learning unity 3D right away or should i first learn c#
please refrain from philosophical comments such as every language is a good language and like it depends on your intrest cause that couldn't have any conclusive results but still if you i am intrested in coding and money like everybody else building a good gaming app or any other app just think what i did wrong when i was in college or the right thing you did share it with everyone
functions polymorphism , inheritance , filing ,pointers etc ,, if this is all how do you build windows

This is of course only a few basics, but what makes you want to "build windows"? Life won't stop if someone can't find a programmer to fix a badly-designed C++ UI (or perhaps to rewrite it in C#), but what would it be like if we run out of people to fix bugs in cars and airplanes, banks and pension funds, electronic appliances (guess how many threads are running in a laser printer?) and medical equipment, gas pipelines and electric grids, factories and cell phone towers, traffic lights, or the internet backbone? Embedded and backend software is working everywhere around us and we rely on it more than most people imagine.

Not saying you shouldn't learn whatever libraries or languages you find interesting (I don't know SDL or PHP myself, and there were a few occasions when I wished I did), just pointing out that there is more to programming than end-user desktop applications and video games.
if this is all how do you build windows
i just wanted to imply that the people who build windows must know advance level of c++ i finished course on c++ and wanted to know if these are basics can i get a reference to advance level of c++ now so could polish more my c++ main question is whats the next step in c++ more or less or do i need to diversify
To work towards advanced level, you could make your way through the books listed at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list
just pointing out that there is more to programming than end-user desktop applications and video games.

What do you work on
And whats more advance level about does it show more functions in c++
closed account (N36fSL3A)
If you want to better yourself in C++ don't learn C#... Learn more C++. If you look into game programming then go for SFML or SDL.
What are specific applications used in c++ i am thinking about earning small money by providing my services
you can do beginner's homework for them
cubbi refered some books isn't introduction to c++ and the topics i discussed in above description the complete functions of c++ the thing is whats the next step in c++ i made data management system and basic games like hangman and piball etc is there anything else am intrested in coure level programming am i now applicable for learning that or should instead work on my php i guess web designing may help me get some pocket money unlike
you can do beginner's homework for them
For how can i iterfere with hardware of computer coding how can i make windows application what is the indepth view of how compiler really works but if they are too hard may be i should by building games my coding skills and making algorithms concept clearer
its just that I am in love with programming i want to have more of it but its so vast i don't know in which direction should i put my energy in how can pro-begginer become a professional coder
I seriously can't understand what you're saying, can you please use proper punctuation?

Sorry if it came off as offensive.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Step 1: Make a goal.
Step 2: Reach the goal.

FIN

The whole point of programming is to make stuff. So... go make stuff.
Hahaha i was feeling sleepy at that time i need to know what is included in advance level of c++ programming
make stuff

The whole thing is what stuff what else can be done in c++ for example i can make data base management system but other than that what could be done more than that
There's no real need to learn everything about C++ at once. I've been using C and C++ for nearly a decade now and I still don't know everything about templating and metaprogramming (rather, I choose not to at this stage).
Tell me what did u did after you completed your first language presumably c++ what advice do you have for me i don't know what to do next , what are you doing now
One does not simply 'complete' a language. Did you complete your native language? No. You still learn words everyday. Same with C++.
Last edited on
True but what can be done with c++ any examples that i can learn like windows application for instance
I didn't need to complete a language. At some point, simply trying to learn a language tapers off given how vast the language is. You're missing the idea that libraries are, in a sense, a language of their own that can be just as complicated and vast. My first productive goal was creating a C++-based Minecraft server using Boost ASIO.

1. It increased my expertise in C/C++.
2. I was driven to learn a new library which used techniques I wasn't familiar with.
3. I was productive.

I'd say #3 is the most important or else you'll start thinking programming is pointless regardless of how cool you think it is now.
I think i should try that too should i try make it using Boost Asio or sdl, opengl sfml or any other like unity 3d
Pages: 12